recession... people are skimping
Have 12-way power seats fallen out of favor?
As I survey dealer's 2011 and 2012 new car inventories, it seems as if less than 25% of the Cayman S and Boxster S vehicles are spec'ed with the 12-way power seat option.
When I first started looking at the Cayman in MY2008, I'd say that 75% were equipped with power seats.
And the stop wart, I mean stop watch "adds the sport button & functionality" (feels faster b/c of the throttle response curve, also adds the launch control if you have PDK)
Though I think if I was buying new I'd spec with out the wart, and do the add on button / software, b/c I hate the wart on the dash.
upgrading my sport seats to adaptive sports was a $2200 option. Not worth it IMO. especially in a car that will see the same driver 99.9% of the time.
then theres the issue of added weight. Though most don't care about that.
I do sometimes wish that my passenger mirror dipped though.
What's interesting is that it's only about $1,000 to go from 12-way, full leather standard seats to Adaptive Sport Seats with full leather. It must be less expensive since the Sport Seat backs don't require an extra cow.
Last edited by Nirvana; 06-01-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Mods4cars's modules will add on that as well as several other cool functions. I recently added one. $300 and I installed it myself.
mods4cars product manual
- automatically locks doors when moving
- can roll up/down windows with remote (helps cool down the car!)
- horn chirps for unlock/lock - same as lights, but its faster and you don't have to look at the car
- passenger mirror tilts down in reverse
- doors unlock when you remove the key from ignition
- I can roll up/down the windows with key removed, until I open a door (setting #2 also compatibility mode to make sure passenger window rolls up)
- red lock light stays lit - ie: alarm is armed - deters robbers
- delay trunk open - you have to hold down the trunk buttons longer
- headlights on/off - double tapping trunk button
POSSIBLY, the best bang for buck money I've spent on the car thus far.
I'd rank it up there with the complete stereo install, though that was $1,600+ (free / self-install also).