Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    Nava405's Avatar
    Nava405 is offline Porsche Chatter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    49
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    NR Auto GT Body Kit

    i have looking at this NR Autoicon GT Body Kit on vividracing for my 07 CS, and i have few questions.

    is there anything else i need after i bought the kit (other than paint)?

    the price seems to be the cheapest compare to others, (i added up the number if i buy pieces separate and it's alot cheaper if i just buy the whole set ) so i'm wondering if the quality and fitment is as good as other ones, anyone who have the kit on please post picture and share your experience, thankx . btw, here's the link. NR Auto GT Body Kit Porsche Cayman 06+


  2. #2
    K-Man S's Avatar
    K-Man S is offline Admin & Founder

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    30,469
    Images
    4456
    Downloads
    253
    Uploads
    118
    Blog Entries
    14
    My Classifieds
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: KenDude

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    You'll need some light sanding, priming and fitting, (in addition to the painting of course) but nothing a good body shop can't do.

  3. #3
    Nava405's Avatar
    Nava405 is offline Porsche Chatter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    49
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by K-Man S View Post
    You'll need some light sanding, priming and fitting, (in addition to the painting of course) but nothing a good body shop can't do.
    that's not a big deal since i got friends that work at bodyshop.However, i just want to know the quality of it and if there's something else i need, such as the fog light or any other stuffs...etc. thankx.

  4. #4
    nrauto is offline Gold Sponsor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    65
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    Nava405,

    Go to our website nrauto.com. NR is a sponser of Planet 9. Starting on Page 4 of our Porsche Gallery we show pictures of Boxster's and Cayman's with our GT Kit. We use a very high quality Poly Primer on all of our parts, so they don't require hours of prep. Our Cayman GT kit includes 4 round driving lights mounted in the front bumper or optional LED Daytime Running Lights mounted in our custom light housing. We offer discounts to Planet 9 members, when purchased from nr, or you can purchase from Vivid Racing. We have sold many of our GT3 front bumpers and Cayman GT kits to members of Planet 9.
    If you have more questions feel free to ask,

    Thanks,

    Neal

    NR Automobileicon

  5. #5
    Nava405's Avatar
    Nava405 is offline Porsche Chatter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    49
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by nrauto View Post
    Nava405,

    Go to our website nrauto.com. NR is a sponser of Planet 9. Starting on Page 4 of our Porsche Gallery we show pictures of Boxster's and Cayman's with our GT Kit. We use a very high quality Poly Primer on all of our parts, so they don't require hours of prep. Our Cayman GT kit includes 4 round driving lights mounted in the front bumper or optional LED Daytime Running Lights mounted in our custom light housing. We offer discounts to Planet 9 members, when purchased from nr, or you can purchase from Vivid Racing. We have sold many of our GT3 front bumpers and Cayman GT kits to members of Planet 9.
    If you have more questions feel free to ask,

    Thanks,

    Neal

    NR Automobileicon

    thankx for the reply Neal, i'll check it out

    btw, the front lip is included in the GT3 kit correct ?
    Last edited by Nava405; 03-23-2010 at 08:36 PM.

  6. #6
    nrauto is offline Gold Sponsor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    65
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    We offer 2 different bumpers for the Cayman/Boxster. Both bumpers include polyurethane lower spoilers. The GT3 Style bumper requires 997 fog light/turn signals or our LED DR lights.

    nr

  7. #7
    Augie's Avatar
    Augie is offline PCA Member
    500 post club
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    595
    Images
    39
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    Neal
    Nice to see they let you on the website now.

    I'm having a birthday party for my soon to be 1 year old GT3 nose and 987 Aero Rear Wing that's still in the box. I was one of the first; group buyers', last year. But I did just order the running lights, so maybe it will get installed before it's 2.
    Augie

    Sport Chrono,Seats & steering wheel, Xenon, Bose. JIC Cross coilovers, GT3 lower control arms, Mantis pulley & oil sump ext, LN Engieering P/S cooler & Redline Synthetic fluid, TR Motorsport wheels, Hoosier; BMC air filter, DCM harness bar, G-Force harness, Corbeau Forza II seat, Softronic Plenum & 4.1, Milltex headers & exhaust, Motorsport VOS, new 3.8 X-51 400 hp engine, perf clutch, light flywheel, GT3 nose, NR rear wing

  8. #8
    K-Man S's Avatar
    K-Man S is offline Admin & Founder

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    30,469
    Images
    4456
    Downloads
    253
    Uploads
    118
    Blog Entries
    14
    My Classifieds
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: KenDude

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    Augie,

    Neal has always been able to get on the site, but I think usually it is Nestor who does the posting.

  9. #9
    Augie's Avatar
    Augie is offline PCA Member
    500 post club
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    595
    Images
    39
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    It wasn't Planet-9's restriction but NR's way of doing things.

  10. #10
    ngmh1213's Avatar
    ngmh1213 is offline Gold Sponsor
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    64
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by K-Man S View Post
    Augie,

    Neal has always been able to get on the site, but I think usually it is Nestor who does the posting.
    That's right.
    Thanks,
    Nestor
    NR Automobile Accessories
    Web: www.nrauto.com
    Phone: (818)986-8881

  11. #11
    prodgers is offline Site Donor
    3,000 post club
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wa
    Posts
    3,433
    Images
    9
    Downloads
    8
    Uploads
    0
    My Classifieds

    nava405

    I have the NR Autoicon front GT-3 bumper and their TA style Rear wing and I am 100% happy with the Quality of the product .Real cool people to deal with too Neal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NR Auto GT Body Kit-015.jpg   NR Auto GT Body Kit-033.jpg  
    "I love the smell of Carbon Fiber in the morning"

  12. #12
    nrauto is offline Gold Sponsor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    65
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Augie View Post
    It wasn't Planet-9's restriction but NR's way of doing things.
    Augie,

    Our parts get better with age. I hope to see pictures of your Cayman before parts are older then I am.

  13. #13
    smounic's Avatar
    smounic is offline Coordinator
    1,000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,746
    Images
    18
    Downloads
    31
    Uploads
    0

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    I'd like to see a special on the Gt3 wing with the GT front bumper
    "The Cayman doesn't need any more toys." -- My wife

  14. #14
    nrauto is offline Gold Sponsor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    65
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by smounic View Post
    I'd like to see a special on the Gt3 wing with the GT front bumper
    Do you mean Cayman GT2 Style Bolt on Wing?
    Do you want the dual diriving lights on our GT front bumper or the Daytime Running Lights?

  15. #15
    smounic's Avatar
    smounic is offline Coordinator
    1,000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,746
    Images
    18
    Downloads
    31
    Uploads
    0

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    This wing: Product Image Blowup
    and
    The front bumper from the red car with leds Product Image Blowup

    Quote Originally Posted by nrauto View Post
    Do you mean Cayman GT2 Style Bolt on Wing?
    Do you want the dual diriving lights on our GT front bumper or the Daytime Running Lights?
    "The Cayman doesn't need any more toys." -- My wife

  16. #16
    Nava405's Avatar
    Nava405 is offline Porsche Chatter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    49
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Re: nava405

    Quote Originally Posted by prodgers View Post
    I have the NR Autoicon front GT-3 bumper and their TA style Rear wing and I am 100% happy with the Quality of the product .Real cool people to deal with too Neal
    that is SICK! , excatly what i want. i'm saving money for the wing first. However, i think that's the GT style wing instead of the TA correct?

  17. #17
    prodgers is offline Site Donor
    3,000 post club
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wa
    Posts
    3,433
    Images
    9
    Downloads
    8
    Uploads
    0
    My Classifieds

    Nava405

    I have athe TA style Rear wing or Techart and the Gt-3 front bumper with 997 running lights .
    The Pictures/links smounic posted are the TA style Front Bumper with LED driving lights and the Bolt on GT-2 Rear wing.
    I think Neal or Nestor would work out a great deal for any Planet9 member that wants any combo just as he did for me
    "I love the smell of Carbon Fiber in the morning"

  18. #18
    nrauto is offline Gold Sponsor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    65
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by smounic View Post
    This wing: Product Image Blowup
    and
    The front bumper from the red car with leds Product Image Blowup
    NR will offer a special price to Cayman Club members for our Cayman GT front bumper (your choice of round driving lights or DRL LED lights) and GT2 style rear bolt on wing $2995.00.

    NR Automobileicon

  19. #19
    msauer is offline Porsche Chatter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    Isnt that the normal price posted on your site?

  20. #20
    Risky_Business's Avatar
    Risky_Business is offline Porsche Specialist 500 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    567
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Re: NR Auto GT Body Kit

    How's the fitment on this? Especially the side skirts? Kit looks great but I want some feedback before taking the plunge as I ran into an issue in the past with my 350z.

    Thanks.

    - RB.

    Ps. Did I mention it looks fantastic?
    2010 Porsche Cayman S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •