Whine for the Day - Page 66
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1340

Thread: Whine for the Day

  1. #1301
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11,095
    Likes (Given)
    2029
    Likes (Received)
    3134
    Images
    9
    Downloads
    106
    Uploads
    2

    Re: Whine for the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Goofnik View Post
    Ah, I’ve seen both sides, and can say with very high confidence that your experience will be tied to what chain you’re going to.
    .
    I believe it tied to $$$. The local chain food stores, the people punch the clock. I ask for something and they just point. In other places I ask and they WALK ME TO IT.

    That little bit of difference matter. The former didn't care. The latter went the extra mile and cared.

    BTW, your not the first to say this. I was talking to the mailman the other day and the conversation was similar. The mail was late bonecause the young people dont want to work, so they dont show up. Guess who has to take up the slack and work extra hours. Not the young ones, they dont' care. It the older people who do care.
    Last edited by chows4us; 03-19-2017 at 12:18 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
     

  3. #1302
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,777
    Likes (Given)
    615
    Likes (Received)
    617
    Images
    32
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Whine for the Day

    The young people in my family are very self-absorbed. When I get emails or have conversations, it is usually about them and their lives. It seems that they need lots of support. Even when they are in their twenties.
    I don't recall being so into myself when I was young but who knows? I do know I had to mostly fend for myself. Nobody fussed over me. Maybe that is why I drink.
    2013 Boxster S, manual, GR, black standard interior (sob!) PP, 14-way seats, seat belts in GR, LDP, Bose, PSE, black exhaust tips, GTS-style tailights, Porsche logo in gloss black, 19-inch wheels powder coated satin black.

  4. #1303
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Winter Wonderland, aka New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,224
    Images
    1
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Whine for the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Anand View Post
    The young people in my family are very self-absorbed. When I get emails or have conversations, it is usually about them and their lives. It seems that they need lots of support. Even when they are in their twenties.
    I don't recall being so into myself when I was young but who knows? I do know I had to mostly fend for myself. Nobody fussed over me. Maybe that is why I drink.

    I think kids from our generation were anxious to get out on our own. We played outdoors as children. As a teenager, having a car was a big thing because it made you mobile. Now kids hole up in the house with electronics. They're used to having their needs met by someone else. They get coddled in school. They don't get out as much, so they're not exposed to different situations. They don't learn important lessons like self-reliance and resilience. Then they're bombarded with all the negativity and fear-mongering in the media. It's no wonder we have a lot of snowflakes that can't cope and take no responsibility for anything.
    Delivered 6/4/13: 2013 Boxster S, 6MT, racing yellow/black, full leather, premium package, adaptive sport seats, PASM, PTV, Bose, a few other goodies
    In the garage: 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2003 350Z Track edition, 2014 Xterra Pro-4X for detested winter and mud season
    Everything I know about emoticons I learned from Team LimeGold.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Planet-9.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #1304
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    747
    Likes (Given)
    299
    Likes (Received)
    328
    Images
    1
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Whine for the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Anand View Post
    The young people in my family are very self-absorbed. When I get emails or have conversations, it is usually about them and their lives. It seems that they need lots of support. Even when they are in their twenties.
    I don't recall being so into myself when I was young but who knows? I do know I had to mostly fend for myself. Nobody fussed over me. Maybe that is why I drink.
    I find self absorption to be pretty common, and not just with young people. It is natural for most people to be more interested in themselves, but a little discipline (and courtesy) goes a long way. I bet most people have no idea how "me" they sound.
    2016 CS, Guards Red, Black Interior, 20" Carrera S partially black, PDK, Sport Chrono, SportDesign Steering Wheel, Sports Seats +, PDLS with HBA, Convenience, Red Belts, Bose, SS sills illuminated, Wailing NA flat 6!

  7. #1305
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,777
    Likes (Given)
    615
    Likes (Received)
    617
    Images
    32
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Whine for the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
    I think kids from our generation were anxious to get out on our own. We played outdoors as children. As a teenager, having a car was a big thing because it made you mobile. Now kids hole up in the house with electronics. They're used to having their needs met by someone else. They get coddled in school. They don't get out as much, so they're not exposed to different situations. They don't learn important lessons like self-reliance and resilience. Then they're bombarded with all the negativity and fear-mongering in the media. It's no wonder we have a lot of snowflakes that can't cope and take no responsibility for anything.
    We hired a PhD from a very good school with postdoctoral training from an extremely good school out west in CA. Very good references. He was supposed to work with me and my responsibility was to train him as a researcher in my field. Spent lots of time with him, designed proejcts for him, wrote a journal manuscript for him etc. He was one of the most self-aborbed and neurotic individuals I have encountered in recent memory. Young chap. In his self-evaluations, he used to rate himself far above what he actually achieved. In reality he was quite average but very ambitions and unhappy that he wasn't rising rapidly enough. Finally after 4 years, he quit to go to business school. I hate training young people now and have become a recluse.
    The day he resigned I drank two extra scotches.
    Last edited by Anand; 03-19-2017 at 04:00 PM.
    2013 Boxster S, manual, GR, black standard interior (sob!) PP, 14-way seats, seat belts in GR, LDP, Bose, PSE, black exhaust tips, GTS-style tailights, Porsche logo in gloss black, 19-inch wheels powder coated satin black.

  8. #1306
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,777
    Likes (Given)
    615
    Likes (Received)
    617
    Images
    32
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Whine for the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSteve View Post
    I find self absorption to be pretty common, and not just with young people. It is natural for most people to be more interested in themselves, but a little discipline (and courtesy) goes a long way. I bet most people have no idea how "me" they sound.
    I have to say, it is more of a Western thing and I quickly learnt that. But you are right. It is me, me,me, me all the time and when you think it is over, more ME. But I also notice a big difference in generations. My 26 year old niece needs to talk to her mom every day to make life and death decisions about lunch, what to wear, how to tackle that cold etc. It is nauseating.
    Perhaps middle age is the time when ME isn't that important. You have achieved something in life, are financially sound and are not too old to start obsessing about your health. And believe me, the old folks in my family are so into their ailments that it is exhausting listening to them. I read Ezekiel Emanuel's essay in the Atlantic on 'Why I hope to die by 75' and I completely agree with him.
    Last edited by Anand; 03-19-2017 at 04:03 PM.
    2013 Boxster S, manual, GR, black standard interior (sob!) PP, 14-way seats, seat belts in GR, LDP, Bose, PSE, black exhaust tips, GTS-style tailights, Porsche logo in gloss black, 19-inch wheels powder coated satin black.

  9. #1307
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    747
    Likes (Given)
    299
    Likes (Received)
    328
    Images
    1
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Whine for the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Anand View Post
    I read Ezekiel Emanuel's essay in the Atlantic on 'Why I hope to die by 75' and I completely agree with him.
    Thanks for the tip. Excellent essay and I agree with him too.
    2016 CS, Guards Red, Black Interior, 20" Carrera S partially black, PDK, Sport Chrono, SportDesign Steering Wheel, Sports Seats +, PDLS with HBA, Convenience, Red Belts, Bose, SS sills illuminated, Wailing NA flat 6!

  10. #1308
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Boston-ish, Mass.
    Posts
    977
    Likes (Given)
    25
    Likes (Received)
    498
    Images
    1
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Whine for the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by chows4us View Post
    They had NO life experience not knowing how to wash their clothes, buy food, write a check, all the things one must do to live.
    Having gone from the bottom towards the top, I wouldn’t pin it exclusively on kids. I think a lot of generations have gone through that process, just now it’s being deferred longer (more kids not entering workforce until 22-24). I meet a lot (especially as income rises) of Gen Xers and Boomers that would struggle doing the above.


    This is about support network, drive, and self-discipline. If your parents don’t teach you, your friends don’t teach you, or your teachers don’t teach you — and drive home how important that stuff is — you’re on your own. If you don’t focus on getting it done, good luck paying more for your ignorance and laziness. Some of this is for stupid cultural reasons, too. How it's impolite to talk about finances, or how much you make. Some of this is driven by your employer (there's a *reason* they don't want you all comparing salaries, because some are getting 50% more than the others for doing the same job), and the reality is a lot of people end up at a disadvantage simply because they're unaware of where they are relative to everyone else.

    Then you get hit with ads that offer an easy way out. For a price. Some places like Foodler (per the subway ads) make it seem like you're a complete and utter failure if you're not paying them to deliver some mediocre tacos to you, and that girl you're dating will think you are too. You want to get laid, don't you? Better order some tacos for delivery on Foodler or GrubHub, loser! Maybe Drizly can deliver you some booze too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Goofnik View Post
    I watch a guy every day who is 2 years younger than me and lives in a small city in New Jersey … an income of $16-17K for 2017 is likely. If he had a minimum wage job in NJ at 30 hours a week, he'd only bring in $13,100. If he managed a full 40 hours every week, he'd only be on par with streaming on Twitch. In 3 years, he might be able to grow his income to $30K/year
    There’s a reason I brought this guy up. He had no good support network to help him succeed in modern US society. He ended up with menial jobs where he wasn’t respected by anyone. After 15 years, he had enough of it to where he explored doing something about it.


    Why? He found a support network that could help him do just as well financially, playing video games at home. He likes video games. In addition to being an escape from his crappy life, he’s absurdly good at them. Moreover, existing streamers were more than happy to teach him how to be a decent enough entertainer to make a living off of it. After two years of effort building an audience after coming home from his crappy job, he made it his full time gig.

    He completely understands how to grow his income. He understands why he’ll do well, why he’ll fail, and understands the potential risks to his livelihood. He works more than he ever did with menial jobs, and in time he’ll earn more as a result. If he ever has any questions, he has a vast support network to lean on now, that’s more than happy to help. Moreover, he’ll fall over himself to help others get started as well. He enjoys what he does and he’s very invested in his work, for the first time in his life. He’s not doing amazing at the moment, but he’s in the best position he’s ever been in his life.

    Quote Originally Posted by chows4us View Post
    Now of the older folks, look around you. It used to be the day you turned 65, you retired. That meant, truly retired. Gone Fishing. Did nothing. Many people cannot afford to retire, so they continue to work full time or work part time. They will work until they die. And its going to get much worse.
    My folks are in this boat. This is because until I beat into their head they needed to save for retirement, they didn’t. They didn’t understand tax-advantaged retirement accounts until my father was nearly 60, because I taught him about it. My father is going on 70. He’s still working, because he has to now, since he doesn’t have a long time horizon to let that money build. Granted, my parents grew up with parents who never saved either.


    Neighbors from where I grew up? Same boat for most of them. The family the neighborhood (and my own family) made fun of for not having cable TV, and keeping a near 30-year old Dodge Dart kicking along? Well, that’s because they were putting that money in retirement instead. They’ll be fine. The rest? All sold their house in their 50s to cash out the equity. Some to pay off mountains of credit card debt ($50K in one case, per my mom). Some to ensure they have cash to supplement Social Security.
    Last edited by Goofnik; 03-19-2017 at 05:37 PM.
    Forever: 2016 Boxster Spyder
    Past: 2015 Cayman GTS, PDK, X73 SS, PTV

  11. #1309
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11,095
    Likes (Given)
    2029
    Likes (Received)
    3134
    Images
    9
    Downloads
    106
    Uploads
    2

    Re: Whine for the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Goofnik View Post
    Having gone from the bottom towards the top, I wouldn’t pin it exclusively on kids. I think a lot of generations have gone through that process, just now it’s being deferred longer (more kids not entering workforce until 22-24). I meet a lot (especially as income rises) of Gen Xers and Boomers that would struggle doing the above.
    My reference here was specifically to I was listening to a radio show where interns were leaving. The radio hosts were wishing them well but the interns were scared. They had NO life experience not knowing how to wash their clothes, buy food, write a check, all the things one must do to live. This was an XM radio station morning show from last summer. The intern was talking, graduating from college not knowing how to live. How did they live in the dorm? I do see college kids bringing clothes home for Mom to wash.

    This is not a big deal. There was no internet nor "washing clothes for Dummies" books. You move out, take some quarters, buy some detergent, and figure out at the laundromat what to do ... or you have dirty clothes.

    For the older folks, it is Gen X waking up and realizing they are going to work until they die. They just had to have granite countertops, a BMW in the driveway, and take a cruise twice a year, and turn 50, and realize they will never pay off their bills.

  12. #1310
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11,095
    Likes (Given)
    2029
    Likes (Received)
    3134
    Images
    9
    Downloads
    106
    Uploads
    2

    Re: Whine for the Day

    WOTD - Brady's Jersey

    Tom Brady's stolen Super Bowl jersey found in possession of international media member

    The jerseys were found in Mexico ... "The items were found in the possession of a credentialed member of the international media.

    What? So a non-US member of the press took the Jersey, valued at $500,000, and took it to Mexico?

    There are so many comments I could make here but ...

  13. #1311
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,777
    Likes (Given)
    615
    Likes (Received)
    617
    Images
    32
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Whine for the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by chows4us View Post
    WOTD - Brady's Jersey

    Tom Brady's stolen Super Bowl jersey found in possession of international media member

    The jerseys were found in Mexico ... "The items were found in the possession of a credentialed member of the international media.

    What? So a non-US member of the press took the Jersey, valued at $500,000, and took it to Mexico?

    There are so many comments I could make here but ...
    Didn't know there was a market for the paraphernalia of famous NFL players in Mexico where they love futbol and not football.
    2013 Boxster S, manual, GR, black standard interior (sob!) PP, 14-way seats, seat belts in GR, LDP, Bose, PSE, black exhaust tips, GTS-style tailights, Porsche logo in gloss black, 19-inch wheels powder coated satin black.

  14. #1312
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,777
    Likes (Given)
    615
    Likes (Received)
    617
    Images
    32
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Whine for the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Goofnik View Post

    My folks are in this boat. This is because until I beat into their head they needed to save for retirement, they didn’t. They didn’t understand tax-advantaged retirement accounts until my father was nearly 60, because I taught him about it. My father is going on 70. He’s still working, because he has to now, since he doesn’t have a long time horizon to let that money build. Granted, my parents grew up with parents who never saved either.

    Neighbors from where I grew up? Same boat for most of them. The family the neighborhood (and my own family) made fun of for not having cable TV, and keeping a near 30-year old Dodge Dart kicking along? Well, that’s because they were putting that money in retirement instead. They’ll be fine. The rest? All sold their house in their 50s to cash out the equity. Some to pay off mountains of credit card debt ($50K in one case, per my mom). Some to ensure they have cash to supplement Social Security.
    That is sad and I am sorry to hear that. I have one relative in the family who is spending as if there is no tomorrow. I have no idea what they will do when they are 60. Always lease the best cars, two vacations per year including at least one expensive cruise. Living on the edge. Maybe they know something I don't.
    The average US savings of boomers is abysmally low. And if Medicare goes away and becomes a voucher system, that will be a terrible blow. I feel very badly for this generation. And the young ones seem to be just as bad about savings.
    2013 Boxster S, manual, GR, black standard interior (sob!) PP, 14-way seats, seat belts in GR, LDP, Bose, PSE, black exhaust tips, GTS-style tailights, Porsche logo in gloss black, 19-inch wheels powder coated satin black.

  15. #1313
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Winter Wonderland, aka New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,224
    Images
    1
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Whine for the Day

    I am in electronics hell due to various components acting like teenage girls.

    My router won't speak to my printer.
    My car audio won't listen to my phone. After much aggravation, I convinced it to listen to streaming music, but a phone call is just not happening.
    My brand new, very expensive headphones have an attention span measured in nanoseconds, right out of the box.
    And my computer is only listening to my touchscreen, keyboard, and power cord when it feels like it.

    I foresee that this juvenile behavior is going to suck up hours of my time this week.
    Delivered 6/4/13: 2013 Boxster S, 6MT, racing yellow/black, full leather, premium package, adaptive sport seats, PASM, PTV, Bose, a few other goodies
    In the garage: 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2003 350Z Track edition, 2014 Xterra Pro-4X for detested winter and mud season
    Everything I know about emoticons I learned from Team LimeGold.

  16. #1314
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,777
    Likes (Given)
    615
    Likes (Received)
    617
    Images
    32
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Whine for the Day

    This is not good. America?s Shrinking Middle Class: A Close Look at Changes Within Metropolitan Areas | Pew Research Center
    Numbers and trends, no politics. We should be whining about this growing inequality in the US. Getting worse.

    Not to ignore electronic gremlins affecting our computers, headphones and routers. BTW, I bought a cheap pair of Corwin headphones from Amazon for 70 bucks and they work great. Paired it to my iPad in seconds. If by car audio, you mean your Boxster, my Boxster only occasionally recognizes my iPhone 6 Plus. I have an imac which is very good and gives me no trouble at all. Well recently, after a software update, it keeps asking for my password for messages and rejects it. But I do like my idevices.
    2013 Boxster S, manual, GR, black standard interior (sob!) PP, 14-way seats, seat belts in GR, LDP, Bose, PSE, black exhaust tips, GTS-style tailights, Porsche logo in gloss black, 19-inch wheels powder coated satin black.

  17. #1315
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11,095
    Likes (Given)
    2029
    Likes (Received)
    3134
    Images
    9
    Downloads
    106
    Uploads
    2

    Re: Whine for the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
    I am in electronics hell due to various components acting like teenage girls.

    My router won't speak to my printer.
    My car audio won't listen to my phone. After much aggravation, I convinced it to listen to streaming music, but a phone call is just not happening.
    My brand new, very expensive headphones have an attention span measured in nanoseconds, right out of the box.
    And my computer is only listening to my touchscreen, keyboard, and power cord when it feels like it.
    ROFL good analogy

  18. #1316
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Winter Wonderland, aka New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,224
    Images
    1
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Whine for the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Anand View Post
    Not to ignore electronic gremlins affecting our computers, headphones and routers. BTW, I bought a cheap pair of Corwin headphones from Amazon for 70 bucks and they work great. Paired it to my iPad in seconds. If by car audio, you mean your Boxster, my Boxster only occasionally recognizes my iPhone 6 Plus. I have an imac which is very good and gives me no trouble at all. Well recently, after a software update, it keeps asking for my password for messages and rejects it. But I do like my idevices.
    I bought a pair of Bose QC35's about 6 months ago and they worked great until several weeks ago. Fortunately I had a Best Buy replacement policy, so I just exchanged them for a new pair, which didn't work right out of the box. I hope my only option isn't to exchange these for a third pair. And the car problem is the Alpine head unit in my Xterra. Given the mountain of snow in my driveway, my Boxster isn't likely to be seen until May sometime. I'm thinking about chucking all my Microsoft stuff for iProducts. Windows10 is a hot mess.
    Last edited by KCZ; 03-20-2017 at 06:02 PM.
    Delivered 6/4/13: 2013 Boxster S, 6MT, racing yellow/black, full leather, premium package, adaptive sport seats, PASM, PTV, Bose, a few other goodies
    In the garage: 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2003 350Z Track edition, 2014 Xterra Pro-4X for detested winter and mud season
    Everything I know about emoticons I learned from Team LimeGold.

  19. #1317
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    190
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    16
    Images
    1
    Downloads
    8
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Whine for the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
    I bought a pair of Bose QC35's about 6 months ago and they worked great until several weeks ago. Fortunately I had a Best Buy replacement policy, so I just exchanged them for a new pair, which didn't work right out of the box. I hope my only option isn't to exchange these for a third pair. And the car problem is the Alpine head unit in my Xterra. Given the mountain of snow in my driveway, my Boxster isn't likely to be seen until May sometime. I'm thinking about chucking all my Microsoft stuff for iProducts. Windows10 is a hot mess.
    I agree and daily contemplate that, but my apple-loving daughters complain plenty about their phones. I think every electronic device I own was designed by engineers trying to save a penny or two and functionality be dammed. Way too much time spent designing in new (unwanted) features and not enough time on system stability. I am a "big fan" of multi-function buttons where the unit does different things depending on how long it is held down. A headset I had with said Satanic button would not turn off until I slammed it into the coffee table, breaking it into multiple pieces, several of which I did not find until months later. I was not able to return that one to Amazon. In retrospect, I may have not been holding the button down for the requisite number of seconds. Even my smart thermostat and electric toothbrush are fighting me. Time for a drive.....

  20. #1318
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Boston-ish, Mass.
    Posts
    977
    Likes (Given)
    25
    Likes (Received)
    498
    Images
    1
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0

    $6.11/Therm

    My water heater, heat pump, washer/dryer, stove, etc... all my appliances are electric. Though since the apartments are cheaply insulated, the builders put in a gas-based auxiliary heater for the heat pump to allow it to work more effectively in very cold weather (since the building, built in late '05, wasn't built to be tight, was built to a price) by getting up to temp faster. So builder profits create a new utility bill for all tenants forever. Thanks a bunch!

    There is no wire that goes to the thermostat to control it manually (for example, set the range in which it activates). The electric split air source heat pump decides for you. So I spent time trying to tighten up my apartment. I did a good job, and the apartment's temp floor during the 10-degree weather was 4F warmer than before I did the work. Big difference. Would be 71F during the day, and the heat would turn on for only 15-30 minutes during the coldest nights (per the thermostat). I used some white 1mm plastic tape to cover the gaps in the windows (while not inhibiting being able to use them), some closed cell foam for the door, poly foam under the baseboard on the exterior walls, and insulated the electric outlets.

    So I got the gas bill today, the first in nearly a decade. $12.22. I used 2 therms in 29 days. There is a minimum delivery charge of $9.67, even if I use ABSOLUTELY NOTHING (which I realize pays for infrastructure, people reading meters, etc.). I paid $1.275 per therm between the minimum therm charge, distribution adjustment charge, and gas supply charge.

    So even when my usage is 0 therms a month, I'll still pay ~$10/mo. Last month I effectively paid north of $6/therm. FFS. To be honest, this is about $8-10/mo less than I originally considered, but hate a bill that doesn't have to exist.
    Last edited by Goofnik; 03-20-2017 at 07:39 PM.
    Forever: 2016 Boxster Spyder
    Past: 2015 Cayman GTS, PDK, X73 SS, PTV

  21. #1319
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Winter Wonderland, aka New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,224
    Images
    1
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Weather/homeowner combination whine

    These 50 mph wind gusts are pulling the siding off the side of my house.

    WTH happened to spring???
    Delivered 6/4/13: 2013 Boxster S, 6MT, racing yellow/black, full leather, premium package, adaptive sport seats, PASM, PTV, Bose, a few other goodies
    In the garage: 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2003 350Z Track edition, 2014 Xterra Pro-4X for detested winter and mud season
    Everything I know about emoticons I learned from Team LimeGold.

  22. #1320
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,777
    Likes (Given)
    615
    Likes (Received)
    617
    Images
    32
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Weather/homeowner combination whine

    Quote Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
    These 50 mph wind gusts are pulling the siding off the side of my house.

    Seriously? Do you live on top of Mt. Washington? That is terrible. Whoever installed the siding on your house should be flogged.

    There won't be any spring. It has been that way now for many years. It will cold and suddenly, one fine day, it will be 75.

    My WOTD is, am I being surveilled? I am becoming very suspicious of my appliances and my idevices. I live a very dull and ordinary life so surveilling me will offer nothing of any interest to anyone but my paranoia is building.
    2013 Boxster S, manual, GR, black standard interior (sob!) PP, 14-way seats, seat belts in GR, LDP, Bose, PSE, black exhaust tips, GTS-style tailights, Porsche logo in gloss black, 19-inch wheels powder coated satin black.

  23. Remove Advertisements
     

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Springtime is here, at least for the next couple days!
    By CSDriver in forum 987 Cayman and Boxster Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 04:19 PM
  2. For the next 5 days >>
    By Chris(NJ) in forum Porsche Care and Detailing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 01:45 AM
  3. Porsche Mechanic for the Day
    By admin in forum Porsche News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 02:10 PM
  4. Has Caymanclub (the site) been down for two days?
    By Helo Driver in forum 987 Cayman and Boxster Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 04:23 AM
  5. Blagged a Cayman S for the day and I'm going here!
    By Asterix in forum 987 Cayman and Boxster Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 05:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back