Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Borla exhaust vs FVD sound version

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  PistolPete 
#1 · (Edited)
I was all set to get a cat back borla exhaust then saw the FVD sound version. I've researched the borla to death but could you shed some light on the FVD and the pros and cons of each. Especially those with one system or the other...

Thanks guys/girls:)

#2 ·
I was all set to get a cat back Borla exhaust then saw the FVD sound version. I've researched the Borla to death but could you shed some light on the FVD and the pros and cons of each. Especially those with one system or the other...

Thanks guys/girls:)
Love the FVD...it is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted something very stock for just cruising around and then the growl to come out when I mash the pedal down. The sound is awesome!!! My two cents.

#4 ·
From what we know, the FVD and the speedArt are the same system made by the same manufacturer. You can find lots of information on the speedArt system. As many of us painfully know, the speedArt version takes much longer to obtain.

I also have the FVD system and it sounds exactly like the clips within Gator Bite's fine article.

#5 ·
I own the Borla and love it. There is a little drone in the 2200-2800 range. To me it is not annoying and I think far too much has been made over it by some posters. When you want sound, I think it is hard to beat the Borla. It in combination with the Softronic package is really hard to beat for price-performance. Sound was not the only reason I chose Borla, performance played a role in the decision.

I bought the Borla before the Speed-Art was available. If I were looking today, I would also consider the Speed-Art, but I am not sure it would change my decision.

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies...

What are the price differences?
Quality differences?
Sound differences? I know this is subjective but I've read the FVD is more like stock and not as loud as the Borla. Does the FVD have a drone also?

#7 ·
I'm fortunate enough to have a neighbor with a Borla on his CS while I have an speedART.

Sound differences?

The Borla sounds like an old school V8 with a low, loud rumble on idle and it's loud with revving.

The speedART sounds stock on idle then manages to scream at a higher pitch as the revs increase.

I can make the speedART drone on command by putting it into 6th gear between 50 and 60 MPH. At 65-70, my normal highway cruise speed, this goes away. I can also make it drone by being in too high a gear while climbing a incline. Other then that, it sounds great and I'm happy with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.