Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

GT silver paint

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  JMc 
#1 ·
The dealer thinks they may have an allocation for a 1012 BS available on monday. So now I have to choose colors. I love speed yellow and black, with yellow belts and maybe even gauges, but I think from the professional photos that the RS60 may be the classiest car ever made, and I might try to replicate the colors.

Its a hard decision, but someone has to make it :)

Anyway, I'm looking for non professional, real world photos of GT silver and red top, because in the configurator, GT silver looks white and the red looks like there's been a murder on top of the car.

As for other options, stick shift, sport chrono, pasm, LSD, and of course heated seats and steering wheel. I'll drive a convertible when it's in the 40s outside!

This is all to replace a 2k5 C6 corvette convertible, which replaced an e46 BMW convertible, which replaced a Taurus SHO, which replaced the the two tone gray on gray ford explorer that chronically smelled of wet dog.

#4 ·
That would be the Spyder....

Regardless, I'd get black top, red interior. Fear the red top may fade or just look a little wrong. Love GT Silver. Love Spyder wheels.

:cheers:

#6 · (Edited)
No red top, of course, but my avatar is my GT Silver CS. It is a hard colour for photo's to do justice to though, I must admit, although I still am glad I bought the colour for my own appreciation. It just seems to reflect it's surroundings and take on a different hue depending on its environment.

Check my profile for a few more, including new in showroom and a larger photo of my avatar.

#7 ·
GT silver looks fantastic in person, very nice color! Looks really good with black interior too.

Another classy color would be Basalt Black with black full leather, not that I'm biased or anything.;)

#9 ·
I have an RS 60 Boxster S with a black top. The red top is +/- in my opinion.
But, the red natural leather with GT silver paint is very very sweet IMHO. The longer I have it the better I like the paint/interior, but have yet to miss having a red top. Get the sport shifter, it is a vast improvement over the regular shifter. the throw lengths are shorter and the initial notchiness of the sport shifter disappears over time.
PASM - yes
But save your $ and don't buy PSE.

#10 ·
Gt Silver is a fabulous color...that's why I got it...I've seen a RS60 in person and the red looks great on the Boxster very classic...I have the Cayman with Sea Blue interior which I really like...the red I think would be a bit much in a coupe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.