Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Second service expectations? (Cayman R)

Question 
2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Hi_Fi_Guy 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone!

Our second maintenance service is coming up sometime next week, so we wanted to ask you guys what should we expect?

We have a 2 year old Cayman R, with 3000 miles on it and it hasn't been on track yet.

We felt pretty ripped off during our 1st maintenance service, so we would like to avoid that by agreeing with the dealership before the service on what needs to be done to the car, for how much, then sign an agreement.

I tried searching online for what we can expect, but not much results for a Cayman R with 3000 miles on it :)

Thanks in advance!

~ KnL

#2 ·
Have you checked the manual that came with the car? It lists the service intervals and what will be done.

If you aren't happy w/ the service you received at one dealership, go to another one. Locate some other Pcar owners in your area and ask for their recommendations on dealers.

#3 ·
Check your manual and maintenance papers and go by time interval since you only have 3k miles. IIRC you should get oil/filter changed and flush the brake/clutch fluid system. They should do a visual inspection of other items and read the computer codes. I had similar work done at 12 months/9k miles but have been tracking the car so I do oil and brake fluid every 6 months. last bill was $430 with PCA discount in Houston. Not cheap but pretty typical for dealer service in my experience. Good luck,

#4 ·
Finding a good service advisor makes a big difference. People can only meet or exceed your expectations when you communicate them. I look at what is due for a particular service in advance then let my Service Advisor know if there are any services I prefer they do not do (cabin air filter being an easy example) or if there is an additional service I would like them to preform like investigating a squeaky quarter window. Up front communication can not eliminate all problems but can definitely help keep the service dept. focused on YOUR needs and not easy profit items like wiper blades or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.