Just grabbed a 12k mile 2016 Cayman S last week, CPO w/ 2.5 years left on original/CPO warranty. As this is our first Porsche, not sure what all is considered 'normal' and what should be put in the "Hey, check this out under CPO" category.
1. Under very slow speed, when brakes are cold (i.e. pulling outta garage in the morning) lightly depressing/releasing brake pedal elicits a groan from the front brakes (I believe). Diminishes 95% after I get under way. Have heard with other cars over the years, but this seems more pronounced.
2. PDK seems a bit 'sluggish' from a stop under very light throttle. Seems like it takes a second to decide "OK, time to move"...again, most noticeable under initial startup and backing outta garage or moving away from a stop sign very slowly. Stomp on it and no hesitation but low speed maneuvers a bit 'delayed' at times.
3. Seems a bit rough for 1st 30 seconds of startup, until it settles down from initial higher idle to normal idle. Not stupid, crazy "has a big came in it" rough, just slight fluctuation in tach until warmed up.
I had whined about the tires a bit at purchase and while they met CPO specs for wear, got a surprise call from the dealer yesterday to schedule appt to get new set of tires under CPO warranty, so that's a plus.
These are all things I'll address w/ dealer soon, just wanted to get and idea of what may be considered 'normal' and what is an unkind exception. Also have an independent inspection being done by very reputable local shop (Steinel's Autowerks) in 2 weeks to get their take.
As for other things I need to get used to:
1. Radio always coming on at startup unless I turn the whole infotainment system off
2. Same as #1 but w/ the Climate Control Fan always being on speed #1 when I start car
3. Key on left side of steering wheel since I'm in the habit of getting in cars with key (if equipped) on right side of steering wheel.
Love the car, usually I'd be back at the dealer in a heartbeat to address concerns but the thing is just so much fun, don't wanna give it up right now, at least until independent inspection is done.
Prod Month: 2015-09-16
MSRP Price: $83,790.00
Exterior: Agate Grey Metallic
Interior: Standard Interior in Black
BASE Cayman S
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
427 20" Carrera Classic Wheels
446 Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
541 Seat ventilation
603 Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
640 Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PCM
658 Power Steering Plus
840 SportDesign steering wheel
AG Standard Interior in Black
N0 Agate Grey Metallic
P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
P9B Premium Package (Sport Seats, 14-way)
P9G Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System
X73 Sport Suspension
XYG Center console trim painted