Who was the best Beatle?
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Who was the best Beatle?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    537
    Likes (Given)
    50
    Likes (Received)
    70
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    My Classifieds

    Who was the best Beatle?

    So I'm sitting here putting together a Beatles' playlist (love the Beatles), and I thought it would be cool to make a playlist of songs when each Beatle was solo. I always felt Lennon's lyrics were deeper, more profound and more inspiring. But after playing a bunch of McCartney's songs, I think I like his stuff better. The lyrics are much shallower, but the musicality, I feel, is stronger than Lennon's. Harrison's stuff is good, but there's so little of it. Ringo had a couple good tunes, but, let's face it, he doesn't compare to the other three.

    Your thoughts?
    2007 Black Cayman S
    Manual
    Stock with the exception of cosmetic modifications

  2. Remove Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    94
    Likes (Given)
    126
    Likes (Received)
    57
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Who was the best Beatle?

    George Harrison was the best musician IMO. Love the Beatles. Played drums in a “surfer band” in high school. When the Fab Four came along, it changed everything. We ALL went British rock/pop. My favorite British group is The Hollies, though. My son (also a Beatles fan) is a professional touring/studio musician (1 Grammy & 2 MTV “moonman” awards) who lives in Nashville (on US/Canadian tour right now with a band I won’t name). Owns the Ludwig snare drum Ringo used on 1st Ed Sullivan show appearance. He has a huge snare drum collection. All on display in his Nashville recording studio.
    Last edited by Silber9r; 06-29-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    2016 Rhodium Silver 981 Boxster Base//PDK. Finally... at 70. Thanks Janice.

    *THANK YOU TO ALL LEO’s, FIRST RESPONDERS & our MILITARY

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    537
    Likes (Given)
    50
    Likes (Received)
    70
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    My Classifieds

    Re: Who was the best Beatle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silber9r View Post
    professional touring/studio musician (1 Grammy & 2 MTV “moonman” awards)
    Very cool! You must be a proud dad!
    2007 Black Cayman S
    Manual
    Stock with the exception of cosmetic modifications

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Planet-9.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    RI/SC
    Posts
    207
    Likes (Given)
    171
    Likes (Received)
    66
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Who was the best Beatle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silber9r View Post
    George Harrison was the best musician IMO. Love the Beatles. Played drums in a “surfer band” in high school. When the Fab Four came along, it changed everything. We ALL went British rock/pop. My favorite British group is The Hollies, though. My son (also a Beatles fan) is a professional touring/studio musician (1 Grammy & 2 MTV “moonman” awards) who lives in Nashville (on US/Canadian tour right now with a band I won’t name). Owns the Ludwig snare drum Ringo used on 1st Ed Sullivan show appearance. He has a huge snare drum collection. All on display in his Nashville recording studio.
    Yes, very cool. I always liked Paul the best though as usual I don't think I was in the majority.
    2019 991.2 Targa 4S PDK
    2018 GT3 Touring
    2018 991.2 GTS Cab MT
    2016 Spyder (Gone☹️)
    2015 Macan S
    2014 Miata PRHT MT
    2015 Grand Cherokee
    Next 2020 Spyder (?)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    106
    Likes (Given)
    38
    Likes (Received)
    60
    Images
    1
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Who was the best Beatle?

    Ringo was my favorite. I was also a drummer. I have seen his All Star Band 4 times.
    I have been to McCartney and Wings concerts twice.
    John was the best artist.
    The only time I ever saw George was in 1964 when my wonderful father took his 9 year old son to the stadium in KC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who was the best Beatle?-041912_411_playlist_640-jpg  

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Winter Wonderland, aka New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,629
    Likes (Given)
    2358
    Likes (Received)
    1937
    Images
    1
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Who was the best Beatle?

    John was my least favorite Beatle. I found Paul and Ringo to have "catchier" songs, and George to be more talented and more profound, for lack of a better word. However, I am a bigger fan of the Stones and the Kinks from that era, and talent-wise, they all take second place to Clapton and his various groups.
    Delivered 6/4/13: 2013 Boxster S, 6MT, racing yellow/black, full leather, premium package, adaptive sport seats, PASM, PTV, Bose, a few other goodies
    In the garage: 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2003 350Z Track edition, 2014 Xterra Pro-4X for detested winter and mud season
    Everything I know about emoticons I learned from Team LimeGold.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    574
    Likes (Given)
    372
    Likes (Received)
    198
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Who was the best Beatle?

    Quote Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
    John was my least favorite Beatle. I found Paul and Ringo to have "catchier" songs, and George to be more talented and more profound, for lack of a better word. However, I am a bigger fan of the Stones and the Kinks from that era, and talent-wise, they all take second place to Clapton and his various groups.
    Can't leave out Duane Allman. Love this old song that Clapton later covered:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY6SlJIk-7Q

    And this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTFvAvsHC_Y

    Guess I like Paul as fav Beatle, Blackbird is special.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    94
    Likes (Given)
    126
    Likes (Received)
    57
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Who was the best Beatle?

    Quote Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
    John was my least favorite Beatle. I found Paul and Ringo to have "catchier" songs, and George to be more talented and more profound, for lack of a better word. However, I am a bigger fan of the Stones and the Kinks from that era, and talent-wise, they all take second place to Clapton and his various groups.
    Definetly a C L A P T O N fan.
    Played a lot of Cream covers in my day.
    But George Harrison is still my favorite Beatle. As a drummer, never thought much of Ringo’s style, particularly his slow 1/4 note kick drum foot. ...but he was solid, and he was Ringo.
    Last edited by Silber9r; 06-30-2018 at 04:03 PM.
    2016 Rhodium Silver 981 Boxster Base//PDK. Finally... at 70. Thanks Janice.

    *THANK YOU TO ALL LEO’s, FIRST RESPONDERS & our MILITARY

  11. Remove Advertisements
     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •