Porsche Taycan GT3
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Porsche Taycan GT3

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,467
    Likes (Given)
    22
    Likes (Received)
    24
    Images
    42
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0

  2. Remove Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    710
    Likes (Given)
    88
    Likes (Received)
    250
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Porsche Taycan GT3

    Definitely an attention getter.

    If the day comes when we’re all forced to drive EV’ s I’d definitely want this.
    Agate Gray 2016 Cayman GTS, 6 Speed, GTS interior.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central ill
    Posts
    410
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    64
    Downloads
    9
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Porsche Taycan GT3

    The way the back is set up it looks like a cheap body kit, there is a lot I really do not like about it.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Planet-9.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    958
    Likes (Given)
    76
    Likes (Received)
    275
    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Porsche Taycan GT3

    Quote Originally Posted by schell View Post
    The way the back is set up it looks like a cheap body kit, there is a lot I really do not like about it.
    You have nothing to worry about then considering its just an imaginary rendering of an imaginary car
    Last edited by ICNU; 01-28-2019 at 06:02 PM.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    4,832
    Likes (Given)
    1067
    Likes (Received)
    1183
    Images
    1
    Downloads
    30
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Porsche Taycan GT3

    Very nice, a real looker!

    Why can't more EV's be made to look this, this is my biggest grip. most are ugly...
    2016 BGTS since Sept 8th, 2015! Previous rides:
    2013 Boxster 981-S
    2006 Boxster Base
    2003 Boxster Base "First convertible"
    1990 RX-7 "Rotary Rocket"/ 1988 Z51 Corvette/ 1975 280Z

  8. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,573
    Likes (Given)
    570
    Likes (Received)
    688
    Downloads
    4
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Porsche Taycan GT3

    Looks a bit like the Panoz Esperante from a few years back which I actually liked. What directionally appeals to me is that Porsche's design philosophy/language continues to be more on the organic side vs the angles/major air intakes, exaggerated side strakes et al.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,177
    Likes (Given)
    244
    Likes (Received)
    228
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Porsche Taycan GT3

    I like it though I can also see the body kit side to it.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    3,058
    Images
    54
    Downloads
    49
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Porsche Taycan GT3

    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldvetteron View Post
    Looks a bit like the Panoz Esperante from a few years back which I actually liked. What directionally appeals to me is that Porsche's design philosophy/language continues to be more on the organic side vs the angles/major air intakes, exaggerated side strakes et al.
    Read the article. It isn't a Porsche design in any way. Just one artist's depiction of a stylized 911 using the Taycan concept as an excuse to stretch his imagination.
    Last edited by RSchwerer; 01-30-2019 at 05:49 AM.
    Belleair Beach, Florida - 2010 Cayman MT6
    "Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!"

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    34,324
    Likes (Given)
    1773
    Likes (Received)
    3207
    Images
    5472
    Downloads
    274
    Uploads
    128
    Blog Entries
    14
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: KenDude

    Re: Porsche Taycan GT3

    Sadly the Taycan will never look anything like this as it is a box based on the Panemera platform, the show car that was running around the circuits a few years ago was just that, a one-off show car prototype that bears little resemblance to the final product, which is unfortunate as we don't need another "box" car.
    My Garage | My Gallery | My Articles | My Blog | My Classifieds
    K-Man S
    Save on a new Tesla using my code: http://ts.la/ken5051

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    N. Illinois
    Posts
    3,465
    Likes (Given)
    98
    Likes (Received)
    661
    Images
    21
    Downloads
    43
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Porsche Taycan GT3

    Part of what makes it look like a kit car is that color. It screams "Bricklin".

    If you don't know what that is, well, Google it. They went the way of the DeLorean...in about the same time-frame.

    -Sixisenuff
    '06CS;ArcticSilver/Blk..many extras..GONE...'19 Carrera T. GT Silver/Black GONE. '18 718GTS; silver/black Loving it so far.

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    4,832
    Likes (Given)
    1067
    Likes (Received)
    1183
    Images
    1
    Downloads
    30
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Porsche Taycan GT3

    Quote Originally Posted by sixisenuff View Post
    Part of what makes it look like a kit car is that color. It screams "Bricklin".

    If you don't know what that is, well, Google it. They went the way of the DeLorean...in about the same time-frame.

    Both the Bricklin and DeLorean were in an era where none of the big auto groups wanted no competition from 'forward' thinking car companies, although not implicated I am sure financing and part procurement was made very difficult by the mere suggestion from the Big 3!

    Today, there is all manor of boutique manufacturers, not commenting on the specific designs of either of those two cars (which was a long time ago), IMHO they would have had a much easier time today. Technology afford limited runs of almost anything that you wish to make today, back then if you couldn't sell thousands to get the cost per unit manufacturing down you were doomed. Just look at Koenigsegg, if he had to build 1000 example of each model he might be hard pressed to find that many buyers of what are basically $1M cars, but he doesn't have to or want to, he can do it with a very low volume of sales, neither Bricklin or DeLorean had that luxury do that back in the day.
    2016 BGTS since Sept 8th, 2015! Previous rides:
    2013 Boxster 981-S
    2006 Boxster Base
    2003 Boxster Base "First convertible"
    1990 RX-7 "Rotary Rocket"/ 1988 Z51 Corvette/ 1975 280Z

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    N. Illinois
    Posts
    3,465
    Likes (Given)
    98
    Likes (Received)
    661
    Images
    21
    Downloads
    43
    Uploads
    0

    Re: Porsche Taycan GT3

    Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Both the Bricklin and DeLorean were in an era where none of the big auto groups wanted no competition from 'forward' thinking car companies, although not implicated I am sure financing and part procurement was made very difficult by the mere suggestion from the Big 3!

    Today, there is all manor of boutique manufacturers, not commenting on the specific designs of either of those two cars (which was a long time ago), IMHO they would have had a much easier time today. Technology afford limited runs of almost anything that you wish to make today, back then if you couldn't sell thousands to get the cost per unit manufacturing down you were doomed. Just look at Koenigsegg, if he had to build 1000 example of each model he might be hard pressed to find that many buyers of what are basically $1M cars, but he doesn't have to or want to, he can do it with a very low volume of sales, neither Bricklin or DeLorean had that luxury do that back in the day.
    WC:

    My point was nothing about mass production and price points of Bricklins. Bricklin was a stylish looking, in the way pop music of the time was stylish, POS that had terrible reliability and build quality. All that inconvenience and they weren't even fast. Same with Delorean.

    Mr. Delorean, in his drug-addled, over-priviledged, spending other people's money mind, thought the Delorean was going to be "the next Mustang". It was made of frikking stainless steel. This is not a cheap material nor is it easy to manufacture a car body from it. It had gull-wing doors... How's that ever going to play at an affordable price for middle America? Also, it had a little Volvo engine in it..and weighed a lot. You couldn't see out of it, it had no room in it and it was near impossible to repair if it got bumped. No way they were ever going to be big.

    Bricklin had some forward thinking concepts, but a lot of the same drawbacks as the Delorean. They weren't well executed and they ran out of money. GM didn't do it to them. Investors did it when the costs were triple the estimates and then warranty repairs started coming in.

    Delorean tried to do drug deals to raise money for his car. Went to jail instead. I think he was just over the fence.

    Both of these cars remind me of Fisker. It went under too. It's been revived under a new name. This is an expensive car with no room in it. Unlike the other two, it is pretty well made. Unlike the other two, it is beautiful..really beautiful. However, it weighs over 5000 lbs. There isn't much room in it. Seats 4 but none are comfortable. It's claustrophobic. The dash is a travesty. There is a small touch screen with ridiculous menus and sub-menus grouped in haphazard fashion. Unlike the others, however, it has some practical value as an actual car. It is also one of the most beautiful automobile designs I've ever seen. They are stunning...however...Too pricey for what it is, just like the others. It's pretty, but not particularly fun to drive...and if you break it?

    -Sixisenuff
    '06CS;ArcticSilver/Blk..many extras..GONE...'19 Carrera T. GT Silver/Black GONE. '18 718GTS; silver/black Loving it so far.

  15. Remove Advertisements
     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2018, 11:00 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2018, 08:10 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2018, 03:11 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2018, 11:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •