Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Newby here with a 987.2 trying to install a Waylens Security 360 dash cam. Directions say to connect wire labeled “battery” directly to a fuse for a component that does not get disconnected when the ignition key is removed. This allows cam to capture motion-detected video when the car is parked. Here’s the issue: I’m supposed to connect the wire labeled “accessory” to a fuse that is only on when the car is running or ignition turned to accessory. From what I’m reading in the manual, none of the components turn off right away, like the recommended fuse to the radio, which stays on for 15 minutes.
A) Which fuse should I be connecting to “always on” battery and which one for accessory?
B) Has anyone successfully installed one of these in a Porsche? My Huyndia install was a breeze; works perfectly.

I have tried a few variations (battery - brake lights and accessory > radio/pcm), but the cam just records continuously with key removed as if it was in driving mode and discharges the car battery completely.

Any input is appreciated.

Photo: yellow is battery wire, red is accessory.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: “Accessory” vs “Battery” fuses

I have my radar detector connected to the auto dimming mirror and it will stay on for a few minutes after the key is removed and eventually turn off. Most of the switched fuses will do this I assume.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Re: “Accessory” vs “Battery” fuses

To my knowledge, please verify, the one fuse that stays on for sure in my 2008 is the cigarette lighter. That's where I plug my battery maintainer.:cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts