Are you a car enthusiast, trapped in the body of a marketing manager? Are you wasting your days helping a faceless corporation market widgets to an 18-45 demographic with 2.3 children? Would you rather use your skills to help race cars go faster? If so, this is your opportunity to align your career with your passion.
Our Head of Marketing will be responsible for taking ownership of our marketing and brand strategy, freeing our CEO from having to manage this department. We need a high-level, go-to person who can run with the ball and generate well-thought-out campaigns while also growing the team size as budgets increase. You would lead our in-house photographer, videographer, content writer, along with contract designers, developers, and more. What our team needs right now is a calm, collected, and strategic brand/marketing thinker who can lean on their experience to pull resources together and give our team the direction and coaching they need to succeed.
If you love bureaucracy, the comfort of committees, or need an army of staff to delegate to, then run away. We're entrepreneurial, we make quick decisions, and everyone wears many hats. We don't rely on marketing budgets the size of the national debt to launch our products and spread the word. If you take pride in using creative strategies and quality content that’s viral in nature to make lean budgets work, then we'll get along just fine.
You won’t waste your time redoing brochures and requesting new business cards. Instead, you’ll focus on creating online funnels, targeted campaigns, and modifying your strategies based on analytics. You’ll need extensive e-commerce experience to help us complete the revamp of our website. Post launch it will remain a high priority, as you'll continually upgrade and nurture it.
Our Head of Marketing will:
- Lead, grow, and develop the existing team, help them shine, and expand the team as needed.
- Relentlessly improve our website post launch, ensuring it continues to get better and better at promoting our brand and products.
- Develop strategies and tactics to boost the company's reputation and cost effectively increase the flow of qualified traffic, and hone strategies and tactics that are already producing great ROI.
- Deploy measurably successful marketing campaigns, from ideation to execution.
- Collaborate with our CEO, head of sales, head of engineering, to ideate / plan marketing projects.
- Establish standardized campaigns and processes for releasing a never ending flow of new products.
- Measure results of existing organic and paid acquisition channels, and experiment with new channels.
- Manage content creation / curation (assigning blog posts, etc).
- Brief creative contractors (writers / art directors / designers / technologists) on campaigns, and ensure all campaigns are strategically sound.
- Manage current partners (such as pay-per-click campaign management) and find/vette new partners as needed.
- Manage social media strategy - collaborating with partners and team members.
- Incorporate events and publicity as part of the overall marketing plan, and work with our project manager to ensure they deliver results.
- Allocate a given budget to most effectively drive results.
- Heavily engaged in automotive culture, motorsports, and understands the preferences and priorities of auto enthusiasts.
- A college or university graduate, preferably with a business, communications, or marketing degree.
- 5+ years of marketing experience, with at least 2 years in a comparable position.
- Proficient in the strategy, planning, roll out, and analysis of multimedia marketing campaigns including social media, newsletter, content creation, traditional advertising, sponsorship and event marketing.
- Very entrepreneurial in nature.
- Ready to jump in and get their hands dirty with minimal training.
- Meaningful B2C e-commerce experience.
- Experience oversee launch of complex, commerce oriented websites or overseeing the renovation of an existing website.
- Deep understanding of branding, and can demonstrate their brand-building and brand renovating skills.
- Excellent team building, collaboration, and delegation skills.
- Adept at finding, vetting, integrating temporary third parties to fill skills gaps.
- Skilled at developing, managing and allocating budgets.
- A leader and team player instead of lone wolf.
- Very tech savvy and knows their way around Mac OS, Google Apps, Slack, Adobe Suite so they aren’t reliant on others for software support.
- Full time position with competitive compensation.
- Medical and dental benefits package.
- 401k with employer matching.
- Vacation and Holiday pay.
- Access to our full shop with lift and tools to work on your car.
- Dedicated track car available for staff to drive at HPDE events.
- Work in your underwear - occasional telecommuting supported.
- Support your track addiction with reimbursements for HDPE and autocross event registration fees.
- Eligibility for the SEMA college grant and loan forgiveness program.
- Casual dress environment where t-shirts and jeans are welcome.
- Get employee discounts and freebies on APEX products and schwag.
- Company activities, including karting, BBQ's and VR Racing.
How To apply
Applications must be submitted via our online form found here: Head of Marketing - APEX Race Parts
All candidates must answer the following question in their cover letter to be eligible: What have you done in the past 3 years that proves you are truly passionate about cars/motorsports?
Do NOT contact us directly by phone or in person. All applicants must apply via the link above to be considered.
APEX is an equal opportunity employer.
Who are we?
APEX Race Parts is a close-knit team with a burning passion for anything with 4 wheels that can set a lap time on a race track. We’ve been in business since 2007 and our core competency is lightweight performance wheels. The growth of our team and the maturing of our company has opened a new chapter where we expand into every active enthusiast community that attends track days.