Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, car with 98K reversed out of the parking space just fine, went into first just fine. After that, gradually accelerating, shifter wouldn't pull back into second, slight grind from trans, let go, grind went away. depressed clutch drifted to a stop. with car stopped, engine not running,clutch pressed or not pressed, the shifter will go between 1 and neutral, but will NOT move to the right or left, will also not go into second! Car still drives fine in 1st, in neutral it pushes fine even with clutch engaged. I'm thinking / hoping the problem is in the front shifter mechanism. Sifter does NOT flop around like a broken cable! Thoughts, ideas, advice?

Thanks!
John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, car with 98K reversed out of the parking space just fine, went into first just fine. After that, gradually accelerating, shifter wouldn't pull back into second, slight grind from trans, let go, grind went away. depressed clutch drifted to a stop. with car stopped, engine not running,clutch pressed or not pressed, the shifter will go between 1 and neutral, but will NOT move to the right or left, will also not go into second! Car still drives fine in 1st, in neutral it pushes fine even with clutch engaged. I'm thinking / hoping the problem is in the front shifter mechanism. Sifter does NOT flop around like a broken cable! Thoughts, ideas, advice?

Thanks!
John
Okay, a bit of an update, dug into the shifter assembly, no problem found. I'm guessing the issue is at the rear linkage, or inside the transaxle... time will tell, but i'll take ANY ADVICE I CAN GET!
Sorry for the yelling... my bad!

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts