Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share you my custom transformation my 06 cayman s to 981 gt4

Attachments

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Fun project, and looks nicely done. GT4 on the rear and wheels is a tad cheesy IMO.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,784 Posts
It's a very well done modification/conversion, and the only opinion that matters is yours. I do agree with others who opined that you shouldn't represent it as a GT4 -- because it isn't one. May you enjoy many miles of smiles driving your unique automobile.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
OMG, how much money have you put into this thing? You would have been better off selling your car and just buying the GT4, much better investment of cash and long term return. I'm not saying it doesn't look good because it does, just saying it will be hard to sell and get your money back, at least make sure your insurance company is covering it properly.

Ofc as you can see the title transformation its not just bodykit i even switched to pdk

·
Registered
314 Posts
OMG, how much money have you put into this thing? You would have been better off selling your car and just buying the GT4, much better investment of cash and long term return. I'm not saying it doesn't look good because it does, just saying it will be hard to sell and get your money back, at least make sure your insurance company is covering it properly.
OP never stated what got him going down this route. I am doing something similar, though not near the degree. I needed an engine rebuild and ended up dropping in a 3.8L into my 987 and then put on GT3-style front and rear bumpers and did a full repaint to GT Silver. I figured that yes, I will never get my money out and after all is said and done could have bought a newer car for less than all the money I am putting into this thing. However, I am building the car I want and plan to keep for a long time and enjoy the F*** out of it. Livin' the Outlaw Life!

I will admit putting in a PDK seems pretty extreme but again, it's the OPs car and more importantly his wallet. Let's all help him spend his money :)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
love your passion for modifying the car.... looks like a cayman for all generations....
hope you get to drive it more now that its ready!

btw did you have to change a lot to change the rear lights?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
love your passion for modifying the car.... looks like a cayman for all generations....
hope you get to drive it more now that its ready!

btw did you have to change a lot to change the rear lights?
Thank you.. Well i changed the bumper for sure and wiring extensions only same ecu nothing changed so far

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its not about selling or buying its about i wanted to see if am capable of doing it or not and it was like a challenge for me and i did my best about the money to cost less than the gt4 hehehe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its not about selling or buying its about i wanted to see if am capable of doing it or not and it was like a challenge for me and i did my best
Good for you buddy - I think she looks beautiful. I also agree the GT4 badge isn't for me -- but that doesn't matter as long as you like it -- live and let live my friend!!

I would love to know the parts you needed for the rear bumper and lights because I would like to use the TWL Carbon 981 Ducktail on my 987 -- but it needs the 981 lights to flow correctly.

Also - what color do you paint it -- is that Chalk White or Carrera White?

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Come up with a new name Boxster S something maybe SR or S2

1 - 16 of 16 Posts