Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Coil packs are a common issue on these cars, and the vehicle will do crazy things when one goes out. You are getting misfires according to your error logs, which is what happens when coil packs go bad. The lack of the cylinder firing correctly can also cause downstream issues with the fuel mixture. In my case I was getting too rich errors until I replaced all 6 of mine myself, and then all problems were resolved.

Similar your original issue, my car could be forced into limp mode with all sorts of errors by driving it aggressively or with higher load. It would behave for longer intervals in between the issue if I drove it lightly, but still would ultimately crap out on me again after 30-50 miles of driving before I figured out the source of the issue

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
That's it. I paid about $300 for all 6 coils for my 981 from Suncoast, and my OEM Bosch plugs that the dealer will gladly charge $25 EACH for are $35 a SET on Amazon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts