Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for the comments. Trying to unbolt the exhaust flanges to install my carnewal but rounding nuts so looks like it’ll be idle for a bit until I get this figured out..

·
Registered
2007 Boxster S Meteor Gray
6 Posts
I recently bought a 2007 Boxster S. This is my first "modern" Porsche. I have owned vintage Porsches my entire life. The car has tiptronic and at first I thought it was a compromise but I have realized for day to day driving and the spirited country road drives I take every night the tip does just fine. I don't really miss heel - toe shifting at all. Never thought I would say that!

Congrats on your new Cayman!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thank you, totally agree. I had three 928’s, which were great, and that euro V8 sound is hard to beat. People wouldn’t believe Porsche’s made V8’s back them and always assumed a cobbled a V8 Chevy into them or something. This is so much lighter feeling and nimble, but the modern-ness really intimidates me, hopefully I’ll settle into it. I do miss the 5-speed sometimes but having a choice whether to shift or not has been nice! Maybe I’m just getting old..

·
Registered
2007 Boxster S Meteor Gray
6 Posts
One thing I am adjusting to is the PSM and the fact the car never breaks loose. In old 911s hanging the tail out and bringing it back in with more gas was fun and predictable. These cars scare me a bit in that I fear when they break there is no bringing it back in! Similar to 914s which I have had some unfortunate spins in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Carnewal cat back is on and sounds great. I was honestly a bit disappointed when first started, didn’t sound any different to me, but now after about 100 miles I’m amazed that it actually changed as others have mentioned. It now burbles a little on a cold start, and definitely growls more/louder about 4-5k rpm. Anyone looking for an OEM 32k mike cat back?
Now to replace the gummy HVAC switches after I buy a T6 torx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
HVAC switch replacement went great, if you do this be sure to get a T6 torx bit first for all the tiny screws holding the back of the circuit board together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts