Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The car is a 2009 Cayman S with 18 inch wheels and the following options, the odometer reads 8 miles. The dealer is asking $57,290---what would be a fair offer or starting point to negotiate a deal! MSRP is $70400.

686 - XM Radio
870 - Universal Audio Interface
680 - Bose High End Sound Package
619 - Bluetooth Interface for Mobile
810 - Floor Mats in Interior Color
P75 - BiXenon Headlights w/Dyn Cornr
P23 - PCM 3.0 w/ Extended Navigation
P15 - Power Seat Package
342 - Heated Front Seats

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
I'm no expert on what new 2009s are selling for, but that seems to be a pretty good discount to begin with. That's only a few $K more than what I paid for a used 06 with 14K miles and fewer options (a couple of years ago).

Do you know how long it has been on the lot at that price? If it were me, I might offer 55K to see if they bite, but if I liked the car, I wouldn't put up much of a fight at that price.

My :2cents:

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
The car is a 2009 Cayman S with 18 inch wheels and the following options, the odometer reads 8 miles. The dealer is asking $57,290---what would be a fair offer or starting point to negotiate a deal! MSRP is $70400.

686 - XM Radio
P15 - Power Seat Package
342 - Heated Front Seats

Thanks in advance.
I agree with KS CS if you like the car and the options, go for it. There are not a lot of new CS around. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The discount sounds very reasonable. I just purchased an 09 Cayman 2.9L and got 10k off the MSRP. Using Edmunds as a guide and checking local dealer inventory in Southern California, it is tough to find a 2009 CS, but there are a few 2.9L around. Paid 47.6k.

Options include: Bi-Xenon, Bluetooth, Dimming Mirrors, 19" Carrera S II Wheels, Universal Audio Adapter, Floor Mats. Two dealers came back with initial offers of 8k off and 7k off of MSRP. It did not take but the salesman going back twice with my number that they caved in. From what I hear, the 2009 models get no lease support and Porsche is being extremely tough with financing on the 2009 versus 2010 models. Rumor had it that Porsche paid dealers 5k-6k on 2009 Caymans to make it the "dealers problem," rather than the manufacturers in selling these.

·
Registered
134 Posts

686 - XM Radio
P15 - Power Seat Package
342 - Heated Front Seats

Thanks in advance.
Greetings,

What is the invoice price on the car? Since the car is a year old (model wise and soon to be two years old), I would think you might be able to get it for $1500 - $2000 under invoice.

Good luck...reads like a great car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got 10K off of Porsche sticker of 70K (dealer sticker was $72,900 with Lo-Jac, paint protection and other useless dealer profit items) on a new 2009 Cayman S and made them throw in 19" Carrera S II wheels for free. The car had the factory installed 18's. I did not get the 1.9 APR, dealer said not available anymore on 2009's. I still was pretty happy with the deal.

·
Kestrel Racing
578 Posts
That's a terrible discount. I know a guy who's friend's first cousin's mother-in-law just bought a 2009 Cayman S with every conceivable option for $49,000.

;)

Sounds like a good deal to me. If it had PASM and Auto AC rather than the NAV (personal preference), I might be running to that Dealer with my checkbook in hand.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sounds like a good starting point......I bought an 09 CS (MSRP $75,000) about 5 months ago and paid $61,500.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.