Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the middle of installing my sirius radio and want to wire it to the auxillary input under the arm rest. I am planning on running the cable along the side of the center console and up into the armrest. I read the article on swapping center consoles, but my 09 does not match. It has 3 screws under the armrest and seems like the aux input is holding it in or perhaps covering the fourth screw (photo). Does anyone have any recommendations or tips? Thank you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, with the help of some interior tools I was brave enough to try to get this out. In case anyone wants to try it in the future the Aux input is a L shaped insert on top of the regular 4 screw base that uses the usual cigarette lighter location for a wire pass through. The three screws hold this piece in along with two clips towards the front of the car. The easiest way to remove it is to loosen the screws and pop the front with a tool. You can also get it by prying the rear but may bend the clips. Once you remove this the last screw is underneath. I hope this helps someone out. It worked well for me as the insert has a insert to run the wires in so I was able to run my 1/8 stereo cable along it and through a extra hole into the cubby.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts