Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had the opportunity between purchasing a clean, low-mileage '09 vs purchasing a new '10, which would you do? Forget the new vs. used argument...the reason I'm asking is I'd like to know if there is any advantage of the '10 over the '09...thanks in advance.

·
Registered
607 Posts
If you are saving the extra money going with the 09, I would stick with that... Everything else is pretty much the same, except the warranty which is already on the clock, but shouldn't be a big deal.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The steering wheel changed, and the price went up. All other things equal, get the cheaper one (unless, I guess, you really really like the new steering wheel).

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:thanks:
Thanks for all the input...the extra $$ isn't worth the new steering wheel!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would go for the 2009....but I am seriously considering moving to the 2010 steering wheel....for me...adding the multi function....a much nicer feel...but I love the huge 2009 discoun...but that new wheel is much much nicer

·
Registered
160 Posts
2009 and 2010 offer multifunction (earlier cars also)...the new standard steering wheel is very close to shape and feel to that of the prior sport/turbo wheel....with a slight change in cosmetics....

·
Registered
501 Posts
What's the difference in 09 and 10 steering wheels? I thought the multi function buttons were an option for 09 too?
Just the shape of the wheel.

09 standard steering wheel is the old triangle shaped version.

10 standard steering wheel is the round airbag (pdk style and thicker) shaped version.

·
Registered
165 Posts
As an 09 owner, I'd go for the best deal. That said, the DFI block was only placed into the croc in 09. While they have been VERY FEW (if any) problems with the new drivetrain, including a whole season of racing the new block without reported problems, Porsche may have made small but significant changes in the 2010.

Jack
Tampa

·
Registered
537 Posts
As an 09 owner, I'd go for the best deal. That said, the DFI block was only placed into the croc in 09. While they have been VERY FEW (if any) problems with the new drivetrain, including a whole season of racing the new block without reported problems, Porsche may have made small but significant changes in the 2010.
Note that racing has typically not been where DFI engines have shown problems, but rather it's been carbon buildup in daily drivers in city traffic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.