Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you opt for 1.9 APR, must you pay MSRP? In other words, is Porsche Financial conditioning that rate on only those customers who qualify and who agree to pay MSRP?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
As I understand, this promotion is limited to certain 2010 models. In addition to the favorable lease and financing terms, I believe there are additional promotions that allow the dealers to reduce prices on these cars. $5K off a new 2010 Boxster or Cayman is not uncommon as long as it is a car that is sitting on a dealer's lot. The same deals are not available for 2011 models.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Simple answer is no...I got almost 10% off and 1.9 on an ordered car (2010). Dealers do not know more than month to month what interest rate Porsche is going to give them...1.9 keeps rolling over...as they still need to be competitive with other marques..and yes you must qualify (have good credit)

·
Registered
16 Posts
my dealer wants me to think that the 1.9% IS THE incentive. trying to negotiate deal for car just off the boat but my dealer would have to ship one of his cars and have new car shipped so he is trying to recoup his shipping costs in deal. only willing to knock off $3k on well equipped car but unfortunately for me it is only one on land, sea, etc. that has the specs that i want. contemplating 2011 build or keep haggling for lower price. dealer tells me porsche has given him no incentive to discount car.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not at this point in any negotiations, but what mrmojo writes is what I am afraid of. Guess it comes down to playing chicken with the dealer, and see who blinks first; PFS has already said the 1.9 runs through June 30.

·
Registered
16 Posts
when i purchased my cs in summer 07 there were big incentives for dealers to push caymans. purchased mine for invoice. but now that supply is low and no incentive for dealer, feel as though dealer has upper hand in knowing that there is only one car available that meets my desired specs. wondering if its time to consider a 997 c4s. anyone have any recent purchase of 997 insights as to msrp/invoice. my ncurrent deal for cs is only about 3-4% off msrp + shipping. no where near invoice deal of 3 yrs ago

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.