Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Haha!

Branded decals... "typical member of this clan bought himself a 911, then proceeded to desecrate it with a full-length reflective decal that said “Carrera” and a “Porsche” windshield decal, just in case anyone was wondering what that iconic-looking vehicle he was driving was."

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
Hey, I am only currently guilty of two. So I score 80 percent, which was a C at my High School.:dance:

Decal
Carbon Fiber

I waited more than 40 years to drive a Hot Wheel.

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can get your average up. I hear Hummers are going pretty cheap and you can check off the SUV fad.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was guilty of having a "talking car." It was an '85 Nissan 300ZX. I thought it was a cool feature...I never left my lights on.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I had a '95 BMW M3 E36 Lightweight, 1 of only a hundred or so, and it had some carbon fiber on the dash trim and the doorsill. I liked it, thought it was unique. Since then especially in the BMW community, carbon fiber has gone nuts. It is not cheap, and serves no real function as on trim bits. Porsche has had its fair share of carbon fiber (and faux carbon fiber) stuff.

I have a feeling that run flat tires will become one of these fad things that will pass.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Guilty of one - digital dash in my '84 Mitsubishi Starion. Actually miss that display; showed turbo boost as a range of bars across the bottom of the screen. Very clear, easy to read.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
996 Posts
I had black fuzzy dice on my Mustang 5.0 convertible. And as the driver's seat wore out and got holey, I got lambskin seat covers. No other fads for me though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
#11 should be huge non-functional wings. Definitely a fad.

and #12 would be multiple exhaust tips on single exhaust systems. Yes, my CS is guilty of that one, and I have a feeling in a few years we will be calling those a fad.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can't believe that leather brasiers didn't make that list. I am so happy that you don't see that many of them anymore, but just to think that it was Porsche that started that trend (as far as I know) way back when, just makes me cringe.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
#12 would be multiple exhaust tips on single exhaust systems. Yes, my CS is guilty of that one, and I have a feeling in a few years we will be calling those a fad.
I'm not sure if thats entirely correct. The Cs has a dual exhaust that goes through a single tip. Thats quite a bit different from a system that collects into one muffler.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts