Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am also a new member here, and I think I have learned more about my car in the last 7 days than I have in the last 7 years! Awesome group of people with a level of knowledge that is really fascinating. Cheers all.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks Ken and everyone who has made this site an overwhelming success! I have learned far more than I've been able to contribute, and I'm always gratefully entertained. I'm amazed at how helpful everyone is whenever I have an issue I'm trying to solve. I'm really looking forward to what the next ten years will bring to Planet 9!

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Congrats Ken. You're tops!!

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
996 Posts
Congratulations Ken! After reading a couple reviews on the Cayman vs. the Z4 coupe (my original planned purchase), I sought more information and this is where I found it. I formulated an order for a 2008 987.1 Cayman (as it turned out, probably the last Ruby Red first-generation 987 before the refresh). The car was delivered at the beginning of December 2008 and it now has 62,000 miles on it, largely trouble-free. Not many regrets about not getting the "S" model, as everything largely came the way I wanted it, and after adding 18" black-trimmed S wheels and tires to the car in 2010 it was optimal.

I met you and a few others when you came to the Reston area in '09, and I got a chance to meet a great group of people up in the northeast some time later when I was visiting, joined them on a fall drive, and we all got a chance to take a few laps around Lime Rock.

I'm contemplating a topless "little brother" for the Cayman, possibly an older Boxster, though there is a chance I might scrub that, bite the bullet, and go for a late model 911 cabrio that would fulfill both the daily-driver and sunny-day-driver roles. Not sure about my next move, but there is plenty of material and discussion and experiences that will be useful. And with the Cayman and Boxster moving toward Turbo-4 power, even our older models are going to become even more special.

Again, congratulations and thank you for doing this.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ken,

Perhaps I missed it, but is there actually going to be anything going on next weekend - Dec 4 - 6th, as you had originally planned? I have to try to plan ahead if I am to drive up from Dallas.

Thanks,

Stiletto Pat
14 981 Cayman S

·
Administrator
34,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The effort is a deserving C-

Ken,

Perhaps I missed it, but is there actually going to be anything going on next weekend - Dec 4 - 6th, as you had originally planned? I have to try to plan ahead if I am to drive up from Dallas.

Thanks,

Stiletto Pat
14 981 Cayman S
Yes and No, Yes the GT4 event at Daytona is taking place, and everything that goes with that, but no I won't be able to be there due to a work commitment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks K-Man for all your efforts. This site helped me a couple of years ago with a decision to buy a Midnight Blue 2006 Cayman S. So far, it's been a brilliant choice!

Just by the way, are you aware that here in New Zealand, Porsche NZ and the NZ Porsche Club are celebrating Porsche at the New Zealand Festival of Motor Racing this January at the Hampton Downs Motorsport Park in the North Island (15th - 17th and 22nd - 24th). I'll be there to be a part of a NZ record attempt to have the most Porsches in one place at one time on the 17th!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this site K-Man! I remember using this site to research a newer model Porsche called the Cayman in 2007, which I ended up buying in 2008. My wife and I just returned from another trip in the Cayman, this time to Asheville, NC. We started reminiscing about Croctoberfest in Atlanta in 2008. There we got to meet other great Cayman owners as well as Vic Elford and David Stone. This is also where I really learned how to detail my new Cayman from Rich Light of Gloss-It. I also remember the great drive you mapped out through the northern Georgia mountains. Then there was the trip to Fontana, NC organized by Pistol Pete in 2010. There we did the Tail of the Dragon and Cherohola Skyway, before a member in Asheville hosted us for drinks and a personal tour of Asheville after a day traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway. This is in addition to all of the great how-tos provided by other members of this site. It has always managed to stay civil, which has always been amazing to me. Great job and thanks so much for providing a place to not only get great information, but meet other great people! I'm still enjoying my Cayman eight years later and hoping maybe there will be another Cayman get together some time soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This site has been very helpfl many many times when I needed an answer or a video walk through, etc. Worth more than 25.00 a year to me.

JIm
Alabama

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Ken,

Congratulations and thanks for keeping this forum alive. I remember the early days of the Cayman Club when I owned my Cayman S and now that I am waiting for delivery of my 718 Boxster S it is good to find old friends and a community to augment the Porsche ownership experience.

Alan

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congratulations on 10 years. We are a new supporting vendor to the site. We are excited to get to know the Porsche-lovers community! Here's to many more years of growth and success!

61 - 79 of 79 Posts