Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Boxster S

So a few weeks ago we got some heavy rain, and I didn't realize my drain holes were clogged. Rear Control Unit got soaked and the top tried to put itself down while it was latched, breaking the white pushrods. I ordered a new OEM rear control unit, installed it and had the dealer program it. Now everything is working as it should be except for the clamshell, which won't raise itself up.

I undo the roof latch, the windows drop like they should. I press the button to lower the top, the fuse box clicks and I can hear the top motor try to do something for a split second then it stops. I tried lowering it with the top halfway back and could see the two cables coming from the motor tense up for a second but that was it.

Anyone has any idea what's going on?

·
Registered
279 Posts
So if I understand correctly, the dealer replaced the broken pushrods and replaced and programmed the control unit? Right? Wasn't it their responsibility to make sure everything operates properly?

The roof circuit has overload protection. It seems when you push the roof open knob, the protection detects overload for some reason and immediately shuts down the circuit. Did you install the pushrods by yourself? Their adjustment and alignment is important and if done incorrectly may jam and cause the circuit to overload.

What dealer did you use?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I should have been more specific. The dealer did not install new pushrod ends, they just did the programming. I have not installed the replacement pushrod ends yet since I can't get the clamshell open

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry, I should have been more specific. The dealer did not install new pushrod ends, they just did the programming. I have not installed the replacement pushrod ends yet since I can't get the clamshell open
Hi, this is exactly what‘s just happened to me. I appreciate your post was a few years ago, but do you remember what you did to resolve the issue (how did you get the clamshell open and get the new plastic ball joints fitted)? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.