Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attended the 12 Hours again this year partaking fully of the Porscheplatz........Incredible two days spent roaming the track and watching great racing. Nice result, that, Porsche winning GTLM and also placing 3rd in class. One observation is that the CORE Autosports 911s (911 and 912) looked absolutely planted in long sweepers......I was really impressed in how they took a set early and moved through the turns, no muss, no fuss......I think that they honestly looked the most stable of the various brands in that class. The other thing that struck me, again, is that Porsche now has taken over from Ferrari for about the most heartening high pitched wail.......as they climb through the gears-----intoxicating.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
997 Posts
Attended the 12 Hours again this year partaking fully of the Porscheplatz........Incredible two days spent roaming the track and watching great racing. Nice result, that, Porsche winning GTLM and also placing 3rd in class. One observation is that the CORE Autosports 911s (911 and 912) looked absolutely planted in long sweepers......I was really impressed in how they took a set early and moved through the turns, no muss, no fuss......I think that they honestly looked the most stable of the various brands in that class. The other thing that struck me, again, is that Porsche now has taken over from Ferrari for about the most heartening high pitched wail.......as they climb through the gears-----intoxicating.
Heartening indeed. Porsche is plowing all their season racing budget into GT while readying their Formula E entry. Although seeing the 919 at Pikes Peak this year as part of the farewell tour should be a trip. Hopefully I’ll have an SCCA flagging opportunity later this season.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The other thing that struck me, again, is that Porsche now has taken over from Ferrari for about the most heartening high pitched wail.......as they climb through the gears-----intoxicating.
Well, they (Ferrari teams) were racing 488, right? No further comment necessary. Nothing will neuter your engine note as much as turbocharging - even on a race trim engine. Just don't tell that to our 718 or 991.2 friends - they get touchy on that subject ;) OK, Christian Horner does, too - but for different reasons.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts