Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Likewise, Joshua, if your car has been corner-weighted but is just too low, can you not raise all 4 corners the same amount and maintain corner balance?

·
Vendor
439 Posts
I haven't specifically tested that but I don't see why not.

Likewise, Joshua, if your car has been corner-weighted but is just too low, can you not raise all 4 corners the same amount and maintain corner balance?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use Smart strings.

I made adjustable wheel platforms and ramp my car up to them when aligning. The platforms allow me to level the car and give a bit more room underneath for adjustments. After you make an adjustment, it's important that you "settle" the suspension before you remeasure. I roll the car on/off the platforms to "settle".

The process can be done in your garage but it tends to be a PITA.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You're assuming your rear axle is perpendicular to your direction of travel.. :)
Well, it is after I align the front to it ?

In all seriousness these are older cars I'm working on and they only see the street: doesn't need to be perfect, just needs to be close enough to get decent tire wear (and they're 14" tires so they're pretty cheap if I get it wrong!) If you saw how screwed up the last couple shops did the job you'd know why I don't worry about being a touch off.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts