Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, before I go hunting around and splicing up wires. Does anyone know a power wire source I can use for the actuator that came with the valved exhaust system I'm installing? I don't have PSE and since the engine bay is pretty sealed up from the rear fuse box in the trunk, was wondering if I could pull power somewhere else as the wires aren't super long. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it electronic valve does not draw lots of power, try tapping from fuse box. I think it is located in driver footwell panel.
Yeah, was going to look at running something there. I don't have the car up off the ground, was wishfully thinking I could tap something in the engine bay. I don't want to interfere with any sensors, but didn't see any lose lines I could pull from. Ironically, there looks to be a plugged harness where I assume the factory PSE actuator sits. I couldn't draw enough power off it though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have tapped (used addafuse tap) from the passenger foot well and run a fused wire by the passenger door, up by the seat belt and to the back by the engine. This gave me the ability to check/replace the fuse if there was ever an issue - w/o having to remove panels and carpet to inspect.
In my case, I was using a remote control unit that i located under the carpet in the trunk area - the leads then went to the vacuum actuator located in the engine bay (where the PSE actuator would be located). The valve worked great, although I ended up removing the PSE exhaust and wireless controller from my car due to the drone (PDK).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.