Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  YellowBirdII 
#1 ·
Well, it seems like just yesterday! I ordered my Cayman S in Carmon Red / beige interior on the first day that Porsche took orders (at least here in TX) on January 24, 2006. I picked up my Cayman on April 1st, 2006, and today was my last day in the beauty as I traded it in. 1342 days of driving bliss!

I picked up a new M3 Sedan in Le Mans Blue today. I needed a bit more practical "company car". I have to say, the new M3 is a beast. I'm very impressed so far - and it has about a World's worth more technology in it than my Cayman, so that will take about a month to decipher it all. My first double clutch auto too, which is going to be fun.

Thanks to all the forum friends out there that have helped and provided great input on all the various topics we discussed "way back in the day"! Good luck and keep the rubber side down...

Paul

#4 ·
Well, it seems like just yesterday! I ordered my Cayman S in Carmon Red / beige interior on the first day that Porsche took orders (at least here in TX) on January 24, 2006. I picked up my Cayman on April 1st, 2006, and today was my last day in the beauty as I traded it in. 1342 days of driving bliss!

I picked up a new M3 Sedan in Le Mans Blue today. I needed a bit more practical "company car". I have to say, the new M3 is a beast. I'm very impressed so far - and it has about a World's worth more technology in it than my Cayman, so that will take about a month to decipher it all. My first double clutch auto too, which is going to be fun.

Thanks to all the forum friends out there that have helped and provided great input on all the various topics we discussed "way back in the day"! Good luck and keep the rubber side down...

Paul
Nice to see you are walking away from the Cayman with fond memories. Best of lunk with the new ride. We'll see you around. :cheers:

#7 ·
Good luck with it!

I've owned mostly Porsches my whole life, but before I check out I want to own two more cars (ones I can afford),.....a new M3 and an Audi RS4. I'm waiting to see what all of the next generation of them look like. They all have much to offer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.