Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I bought my wife a new Cayman S on Friday night. She drove it home and was very excited. Unfortunately, the airbag light came on. Went back to the dealer on Saturday morning. It turned out to be a "hard" code issue, meaning a defective component in the airbag system. They kept the car to determine the problem. Very disappointing as she only had it overnight and it had 9 miles on the odometer. Hopefully will get fixed quickly. The dealer was not pleased...with Porsche not us.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Don't let that sap your joy, you'll get it back in no time, on a sadder note, one of our fellow P9ers might have totaled his new Cayman. At least he's ok.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't let that sap your joy, you'll get it back in no time, on a sadder note, one of our fellow P9ers might have totaled his new Cayman. At least he's ok.
We love the car and the dealer was great. Stuff happens.

Speaking of stuff happens, I'm glad to hear the other person is ok. My issue is negligible compared to his.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got a call and the car is fixed. It seems a connector either came loose during transport or was not hooked up. The technician did some great detective work, plugged it in and all is well. A very happy customer!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Just got a call and the car is fixed. It seems a connector either came loose during transport or was not hooked up. The technician did some great detective work, plugged it in and all is well. A very happy customer!
Well, maybe. A PDI (pre-delivery inspection) which I believe includes doing a scan of all the car's controllers for any issues should have turned up that loose connector or disconnected connector.

Anyhow, all's well that ends well.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Congrats on the new CS and on the quick and easy resolution of your problem...all issues should be resolved so easily!! Now go forth and let loose the beast! Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts