Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, recently purchased '16 Cayenne Turbo which is having issues with the panaromic roof (doesn't open or close) and roll-up sunblind (partially opens). Previous owner did not drive much and the battery was disconnected and reset. Has anyone experienced this before and know how to fix this? Thank you in advance!

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
Am I correct in assuming you've checked the fuses?

I think to really troubleshoot this issue you'll need something that will let you see the "state" of all the switches and end-of-run sort of sensors. I'm sure the Porsche PIWIS does (dealership tool) this, but I can't suggest another tool that will do the same thing.

BTW - welcome to Planet-9 - the friendly Porsche forum! When you have an opportunity, please visit New Member Introductions and introduce yourself and your Cayenne!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Am I correct in assuming you've checked the fuses?

I think to really troubleshoot this issue you'll need something that will let you see the "state" of all the switches and end-of-run sort of sensors. I'm sure the Porsche PIWIS does (dealership tool) this, but I can't suggest another tool that will do the same thing.

BTW - welcome to Planet-9 - the friendly Porsche forum! When you have an opportunity, please visit New Member Introductions and introduce yourself and your Cayenne!
Checked fuses they are fine. Going to bring in to local mechanic for diagnosis, not sure if they have the PIWIS dealership tool.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
Am I right that your sunroof is not functioning at all but your blind does work to some degree ?
I know the blind wont fully close if the sunroof is not closed (even a few mm).
you might find that if you fix the issue with the sunroof then the blind will be OK. can you manually move the sunroof with the emergency tool ?
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.