Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, Happy Friday 😊
I crested 160,000 miles last week, and just thought I’d share. I meant to type up a list of replacements/failures/issues when I posted my 150K post, but I’ve just been so busy.
I just completed the 160K service (myself, as I’ve always done), so plugs, oil & filter, air filters, brake fluid, along with Liqui-Moly Engine Flush, Ceratec oil additive, and fuel system cleaner. I never used the flush or additive before, but I figured with 160K on the clock, a little theoretical extra protection can’t hurt. I’ll start sending the oil out for analysis on the next change, but I’ve never had to add any oil in between the last 14 oil changes, so I’m not too worried about it.
Last week, after a summer of heat and humidity waves, my headliner gave up the ghost. Just the back corner started to drop at first, and by the next week, the whole thing’s one big droopy mess. I ordered an OEM Alcantara headliner from an ebay salvage yard, and it arrived bent and creased with 2 droopy corners. So that’s getting returned. I’ll be removing my factory piece and bringing to a local automotive upholstery shop to have them recover it in Alcantara along with the A pillars to match the rest of the pieces I’ve upgraded from other wrecked cars. Other than that, she’s running like a charm and seems to get better every day!
I promise to try to update this post with a more extensive list of service items and upgrades when I have some time to kill at home, but I promise you this:
Don’t be afraid you drive these cars, guys! Drive them, drive them hard, and enjoy them! This is what they were made for! Don’t be afraid to pile the miles on!
“He who dies with the least miles on his cars, still dies.”
Remember this, my friends 😊

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
43 Posts
Awesome achievement and a great push for us all to get out and get the miles covered.

That carbon surround is lovely btw

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That carbon surround is lovely btw
Thank you 👍🏻
DB carbon. Big fan of their products. Have the steering wheel pieces and door trim as well.

got the mirror caps, side air intakes as dash kit from a lesser Chinese company, and the difference is night and day

·
Registered
291 Posts
Death is definitely overappreciated. Looking at the subframe of my car at nearly 70k, engine is the least of my problems.

·
Registered
2015 Cayman GTS
19 Posts
This gives me a bit of hope that my car implode as I crest 100k. Nice to see someone putting some miles and sharing results 👌

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for sharing and busting the low mileage myth. I got my '14 981S for a 987S price because the car had 49k on the clock. It is nice to know the discount was more than worth the miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm at 104,000 and will enjoy the hell out of the next 56,000 miles to catch up to you !
Personally I think their better off being driven and enjoyed than sitting and being admired.

·
Registered
2017 Cayman S
52 Posts
Hey Guys, Happy Friday 😊
I crested 160,000 miles last week, and just thought I’d share. I meant to type up a list of replacements/failures/issues when I posted my 150K post, but I’ve just been so busy.
I just completed the 160K service (myself, as I’ve always done), so plugs, oil & filter, air filters, brake fluid, along with Liqui-Moly Engine Flush, Ceratec oil additive, and fuel system cleaner. I never used the flush or additive before, but I figured with 160K on the clock, a little theoretical extra protection can’t hurt. I’ll start sending the oil out for analysis on the next change, but I’ve never had to add any oil in between the last 14 oil changes, so I’m not too worried about it.
Last week, after a summer of heat and humidity waves, my headliner gave up the ghost. Just the back corner started to drop at first, and by the next week, the whole thing’s one big droopy mess. I ordered an OEM Alcantara headliner from an ebay salvage yard, and it arrived bent and creased with 2 droopy corners. So that’s getting returned. I’ll be removing my factory piece and bringing to a local automotive upholstery shop to have them recover it in Alcantara along with the A pillars to match the rest of the pieces I’ve upgraded from other wrecked cars. Other than that, she’s running like a charm and seems to get better every day!
I promise to try to update this post with a more extensive list of service items and upgrades when I have some time to kill at home, but I promise you this:
Don’t be afraid you drive these cars, guys! Drive them, drive them hard, and enjoy them! This is what they were made for! Don’t be afraid to pile the miles on!
“He who dies with the least miles on his cars, still dies.”
Remember this, my friends 😊 View attachment 275907

·
Registered
23 Posts
Driving the wheels off mine! Saturday I drove from Seneca SC to Charlotte and back (about 240 miles) for a football game and my trip mpg was 32.6 mph! I got stuck in Traffic on the way there and took a looong detour but other than that I was doing 70-85 most of the trip. These truly are amazing vehicles! Took possession of mine May 27th and have already racked up 2,100 joyous miles. My work is seasonal and this is my busy time but I’ve still jumped in for a spin at every opportunity! Can’t wait for some top down trips through the Blue Ridge mountains this fall for the spectacular scenery and crisp mountain air. I’m so glad I got the Boxster over the Cayman. Used to ride motorcycles and love being outdoors but being older this is so much more comfortable and safer of course. I’m also glad I got a 2013 and don’t have to worry about door panel delamination. I bought the car with 63,000 miles and like you got a better price for this to fit my budget. I was lucky enough to find one with all the options I wanted and a couple I didn’t even think of that I like- red gauge faces and seat belts and sport exhaust tips. Getting a loaded BS for only $43,000 was a lucky find indeed and have had zero problems with the car. I’d recommend Cargurus to anyone in the market for one if you’re extremely busy like me. The other amazing thing was finding this car in Phoenix as my brother lives there and has been in the automotive industry for 35 years and checked it out for me in person. I also got a three year warranty for truly worry free ownership while I go through the car and make sure every maintenance need is performed to keep it in top shape.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts