Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, looking to buy a 17" winter set up for a Cayman R. same car in that regard to a Cayman S, as many of you already know. Anyway I found a set of 17" base Cayman wheels that a guy is selling with winter tires on them and it's local to me. Pretty sure I need to buy wheel spacers, but I have zero experience with wheel spacers. Does anybody know big the spacers need to be to get base Cayman wheels to clear the Cayman R/Cayman S calipers? Also, is it easy to put spacers on and take them off on a seasonal basis? Thanks in advance for any info!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not sure they will fit. Porsche will only give you clearance on 18 inch set up for the CR.

I bought ATS Radial 18 inch rims (see pic) with Conti winter tires at c $2,200 the set, brand new. Used Porsche rims (18 inch) were at $2,000 without tires. The ATS are cleared for the CR, which is a legal requirement in Germany, but probably makes sense all around the globe, as they were tested on the 987 platform.

image.jpg

Traction is OK, not sure I'd want to go 17 inch (which is probably requiring smaller tires than 235 front and 255 rear).

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
Will not fit. Doesn't anybody search any more before they ask, post on a forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 people have told me 7mm spacers on the front will do it, and the rears should fit fine. can anybody else confirm that? I actually feel like I have read that somewhere on here or rennlist in the last few days but I can't remember. thanks in advance

·
Registered
111 Posts
2 people have told me 7mm spacers on the front will do it, and the rears should fit fine. can anybody else confirm that? I actually feel like I have read that somewhere on here or rennlist in the last few days but I can't remember. thanks in advance
I run the base boxster 17 wheels on my Cayman S, spacer in the front, nothing in the rear no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts