Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I stayed at my friends place and woke up to my car damaged :( there was a note on it that read "sorry I hit your car this morning please call me"
The rear control arms were both broken in half, exhaust is bent, both rear rims bent, strangely the front trunk panels were all out of alignment too, the panels I mean and the doors all popped open. It will never be the same :( Im looking at getting a new car, 2011 Cayman S and of course getting the same wheels and Techart cosmetics, I appreciate the kids honesty we both have USAA, he admitted guilt. I will get the european rear bumper at least it will already have LEDs I will try an intake conversion too because the X51 is so much nicer.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Ouch, real sorry to see that. The roads in the NorthEast were a nightmare last night due to the storm. It was raining so hard to roads were like glass, very easy to slide out.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Really sorry to hear. Your CS was/is amazing looking too.

Ouch, real sorry to see that. The roads in the NorthEast were a nightmare last night due to the storm. It was raining so hard to roads were like glass, very easy to slide out.
True. And hard to see the lines where they don't use reflective paint, but still, hitting a parked car - ugh. One reason I avoid parking on the side of the street and taking it out in the rain is the increased risk of damage.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
He really whacked it hard didn't he :(

Feel for you, and will be hard not having your (a) CS for a while.

I am completely in shock that he left a note, and you were lucky it was a very honest kid, because at that age they feel like they have everything to lose and you'd find many people older than that that wouldn't even fess up!

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Time for a beating. I am surprised that he left a note.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wow. Really sorry to see so much damage to your parked Cayman. That was quite an impact.

That young 17 yo is an honest ethical kid, with strong moral compass. This is also a positive reflection on this teenager's upbringing and parents.

Yes, there is yet hope our future generation may be able to get us out of the current mess we are in.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
:( Bummer, and after all the work you've done on that car . . . I'm sure the kid feels pretty bad too.

Are you going to salvage your aftermarket parts and restore it to stock before you sell/trade it?

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
That sucks. Sorry to hear about your accident. As many have said, it's good to see the kid left a note.

I hope it works out.
-Moto

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Wow. Really sorry to see so much damage to your parked Cayman. That was quite an impact.

That young 17 yo is an honest ethical kid, with strong moral compass. This is also a positive reflection on this teenager's upbringing and parents.

Yes, there is yet hope our future generation may be able to get us out of the current mess we are in.
So very true.... BTW what the hell did he hit you with?!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So very true.... BTW what the hell did he hit you with?!
He was driving a late model toyota Camry, he did not say it accelerated on its own though...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ouch. Sorry to see that happen to your Cayman. That was a hard hit. Its good to see the young man leaving a note. There is hope for the future. Poor kid, a 17 year old is supposed to learn the limit of his skills by hitting mail boxes, curbs, parents garage door, etc. Hitting a Porsche is not what he's supposed to do.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Doesn't say much about his driving skills, but it speaks volumes about his character.
+1 You've got to really admire this kid.

·
Registered
621 Posts

Couldn't've said it better.

·
Caymaniac
5,663 Posts

+1

A kid like that is about 1000 percent more likely to have a nice car of his own one day.

Can you imagine being 17 and whacking your parent's Camry into a Porsche?
:eek:

You get the kid's shirt size and I will buy him a Planet-9 shirt. I am not joking. PM me. Once you get passed your desire to kill him. LOL.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.