Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a GT4 and will be using it on the tracks here in northern California. Does anyone know if Porsche or an aftermarket wheel manufacturer such as Fikse or Champion will be producing 18" wheels for the GT4. The 911 cup cars have 18" wheels that clear their big brakes so I hope 18" wheels become available in the near future for the GT4. Thanks, Paul---

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
They fit almost. The rims hit the rear toe arm linkage. Im looking for a new adjustable toe arm with a smaller knuckle to try again.
I tried a 18" with a special large barrel intended for a 991. It was only just hitting.
I read TPC were working on something.

Regardless, I still need a new toe arm as the OEM one does not have enough adjustment for a proper track alignment.

·
Registered
540 Posts
They fit almost. The rims hit the rear toe arm linkage. Im looking for a new adjustable toe arm with a smaller knuckle to try again.
I tried a 18" with a special large barrel intended for a 991. It was only just hitting.
I read TPC were working on something.

Regardless, I still need a new toe arm as the OEM one does not have enough adjustment for a proper track alignment.
What wheels did you use?

·
Registered
540 Posts
With 19's you could use a spacer, go an inch or so narrower or replace the toe link . Here is a pic of the problem. If you go any smaller than 20's the knuckle would hit. Just as a reference I can not fit my finger tip between the wheel and the knuckle.

IMG_3228[1].JPG IMG_3227[1].JPG

I am personally going to wait until someone else figures out the best solution...I am just to damn lazy these days.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, these (Yokohama Advans) are tires, not wheels. What was the brand, model, diameter and offset of the wheels that "almost" fit, and by how much did they interfere?
They are the flagship brand for yoko wheels and of course tires, :)

·
3,758 Posts
Seen someone get 18" on a 981 PASM car. Used 6mm spaces, so I might try that later.
Apparently Yoko Advan rims have a barrel suitable for 991 GT3.

·
3,758 Posts
OK, so I tried that and the barrel hits the calipers now but with 12mm spacers cleared the toe arm ok.
Grrr.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
If any of you guys want to trade for base Boxster brakes to fit 17" wheels, let me know. I heard 17's are where it's at. If you manage your brakes right 298mm is totally fine. You're all good drivers, right?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Seen someone get 18" on a 981 PASM car. Used 6mm spaces, so I might try that later.
Apparently Yoko Advan rims have a barrel suitable for 991 GT3.
I run TE37 in 18" on a 981 GTS no issues with no issues with toe link touching. If you are in the bay area and would like to try my rims out, you are more than welcome to swing by with your GT4

IMG_8546-X2.jpg 030A1111-X2.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
I run TE37 in 18" on a 981 GTS no issues with no issues with toe link touching.
The GT4 has different suspension parts and geometry, not to mention much bigger brakes, which makes wheel selection challenging.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Why buy tiny 18" wheels? They look so bad in arches with available 18" rubber. For track I went with 19x8.5/19x11 BBS LM-R's plus Michelin racing slicks 24/65/19 and 29/67/19 S8A compound (medium). So looks and grip will be dramatically improved for my CGTS.

·
3,758 Posts
18" are only for the track. So I swap to this setup for each track day then swap back.
Running A050 super soft tyres that are only available in 18". I can get so much grip that you I can lift both inside tyes off the ground for a split second! A real hoot. Anything else is pretty boring compared to these. Racing slicks are slower. Expensive? sure, YOLO. AU$2600 per set.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I replaced my rear toe-links with these from Rennline. It still doesn't quite sort out the rim problem, but it gives you better adjustability at the rear for track use (more rear camber). I have been talking to John of CCW who are working on a wheel size solution with a custom offset - its likely to be 19 inch and probably Hoosier 265 in front and 305's in rear. As with all these things, its best to let the pros sort this out. When I have them installed I will post IMG_2958.JPG

·
Registered
66 Posts
..erm, I mean the links are from RSS, as you can see
I replaced my rear toe-links with these from Rennline. It still doesn't quite sort out the rim problem, but it gives you better adjustability at the rear for track use (more rear camber). I have been talking to John of CCW who are working on a wheel size solution with a custom offset - its likely to be 19 inch and probably Hoosier 265 in front and 305's in rear. As with all these things, its best to let the pros sort this out. When I have them installed I will post View attachment 64461

·
Registered
155 Posts
18" wheels for GT4

How about those of us that run NT01
235/35/19, 305/30/19
May work if we can find 19" wheels
Please update us with CCW wheels
I for one would like a set too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,758 Posts
..erm, I mean the links are from RSS, as you can see
Im looking to order these from BGB as well.
However there is a post on Renlist saying you can put too much neg camber in as the arm getts really close to the chassis.
What cam do you have now? Better check the gap.

Im still looking into the rims but looking at a custom one as well.
10" rims, 30mm offset thereabouts, large barrel. 18" size.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Why doesn't someone ask BGB when is too much neg camber for rear?
They obviously have some experience with track setting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts