Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble finding a used wheel to try for fitment before I purchase.
Has anyone here successfully used a 18 X 11 inch wheel, either 40 or 45 offset? With or without spacer?
I want to try running a 305 tire and the 11 inch wheel is the minimum width required.
Thanks!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I ran an 18x11 +30 turbo twist on my 987.1 when it was only lowered on h&r springs before. Only had a few millimeters of clearance from wheel to strut with that setup.

Not sure how different 987's are to 981's suspension and fitment wise though. Have a set of HRE 545r's listed that can be built to whatever spec you want in the classifieds though

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"I ran an 18x11 +30 turbo twist on my 987.1 when it was only lowered on h&r springs before. Only had a few millimeters of clearance from wheel to strut with that setup.
Not sure how different 987's are to 981's suspension and fitment wise though. Have a set of HRE 545r's listed that can be built to whatever spec you want in the classifieds though"

I believe I have lots of clearance at the strut, its the toe arm I'm concerned about. Not sure yet, if I want to go to a wider tire.
Thanks for the feedback.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
... its the toe arm I'm concerned about. Not sure yet, if I want to go to a wider tire...
Do you not have room to lay a measuring scale against the inside of the wheel and get the data you need?

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do. The car is over in a storage unit (my track car garage) and I'm too lazy to go over and measure. I'm also looking for feedback on handling from those who have done this.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
I do. The car is over in a storage unit (my track car garage) and I'm too lazy to go over and measure. I'm also looking for feedback on handling from those who have done this.
All I can tell you is that my CDI ran his R with 295 hohos on 10" wheels. I think he did those same wheels and tires on his 981 but can't swear to it. HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts