Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just trying to figure out what the options on a 19" sport design wheel are for tires.

I dont have spacers but would like to know what the widest I could put in the back would be, thank you for your help. So far I think its 295, but is this a 295/35 or something else. Also, if I did put 295s on the back, what do you suggest I have in the front?

Thank you for your time and help guys, really appreciate it, being that I dont know a lot about tires.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hi Beto. I don't recall how wide the Sport Design wheels are. My rears are 295/30/19 on 11" wide wheels. This tire size is approved for fitment on wheels from 10.0" to 11.0" wide. If your wheels are at least 10" wide, they would fit. But then, unless you increase the front width, the car will be unbalanced. I have 255/30/19 on my 8.5" fronts - these tires are approved for 8.5" to 9.5" width wheels. (Not sure of your front wheel width either). By going aftermarket wheels - wider tires can be accommodated better. Also, be careful to keep tire overall height within ~2% of stock (PSM and other issues). There is a wealth of info on here regarding wheels and tires - even some calcuating programs, etc. - use the 'search' function. There is a good amount of tire info at Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
not to hijack this thread, but how do you find 255 in the front in terms of understeer, turn in, feel on bumps and tires following grooves in the road.
I am planning on putting RE 11 in 255 on the front and would appreciate your input
THANKS

·
Registered
621 Posts
not to hijack this thread, but how do you find 255 in the front in terms of understeer, turn in, feel on bumps and tires following grooves in the road.
I am planning on putting RE 11 in 255 on the front and would appreciate your input
THANKS
I like the 255s and find that they balance the 295s pretty well. The car did still understeer, until I increased front camber to -1.3. The car does ok on the other parameters you mention.

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,774 Posts
I have Sport Design wheels, they are 9.5" wide. I put a set of 285/35ZR19s on the rear and had a little rubbing. A set of 5mm spacers fixed my problem. I have heard the 285/30s won't rub.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I actually contacted tire rack to ask about sizes for these wheels since there are not a lot of tire options in the stock size, and they recommended 275x35 in the back matched with 245x35 fronts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.