Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first CEL this morning, as I started the car. It briefly idled a little higher (1200rpm) and a little rougher, but not too bad... I acknowledged/cleared the error, and the car ran great immediately after, the CEL never came back... No biggie, probably a burp (and at 4 years / 30K mi I probably should do plugs) ...

What surprised me was when I called the service guys, they said that if the light wasn't ON still, they could not read any codes... Doesn't this thing store each and every CEL ? Even the ones that blink in and out ?

Not worried about a little CEL that goes away, just wondering if the above is true... I'm gonna investigate a code reader...

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
I've had two blinking CE lights in the last month on startup and they cleared when I restarted. I went to two different dealerships (one after the first incident and another after the 2nd) and they both saw NOTHING stored on the computer.

Someone with a Durametic reader was able to read misfire codes P0300 and P0301 but who knows when those were stored. The Porsche computer didn't see anything...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.