Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the first time I see a GT4 in the metal. Unfortunately I was driving my Land Cruiser where I'm sure I looked like a peasant jumping out of my SUV to see this rebel toy. My friend took the pictures below with his mobile where you can spot me in one of the shots ;)

The interior had yellow stitching with all the Alcantara goodies. Although Agate Gray is NOT a color I like at all but the car left me breathless still. The side scoops didn't look like add-ons. I was amazed to see the side scoops go with the body lines smoothly. What did stick out was the rear wing, it truly looked like a last minute add-on. Sorry!

The best thing about the experience was the owner who nearby watching us. He was an absolute gentleman and kind enough to chat. My first question was how did he get the car delivered so early. He said, he got the dealer's one and only reserved allocation at the time he was ordering a 981 GTS. He received the car just five days ago. It's his first Porsche. And he's following the break-in period.

We exchanged contacts as I'll get him onboard the Jeddah Porsche Club. And when I asked him to get our toys together soon as I'm curious to hear the sound of the GT4, he was kind enough to offer me the keys... of course I said no, and thanked him warmly.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nice! The Agate gray really does not pop in photos - but as you say, I'm sure it is much better in person.
Good stalking on your part! thanks

·
Registered
850 Posts
Nice find! Agree about the spoiler, maybe if the legs were painted black it would blend in better with the call letters and the rest of the car...

·
Registered
408 Posts
The GT4 has black accents... ergo I don't think dark colors do it proper justice.

I actually quite like the Agate on the regular Cayman and Boxsters, with the chrome accents.

This is why although I think the Sapphire Blue color looks really nice, I think white is better suited. Which is too bad, I really wanted the Blue.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
It's the first time I see a GT4 in the metal. Unfortunately I was driving my Land Cruiser where I'm sure I looked like a peasant jumping out of my SUV to see this rebel toy. My friend took the pictures below with his mobile where you can spot me in one of the shots ;)

The interior had yellow stitching with all the Alcantara goodies. Although Agate Gray is NOT a color I like at all but the car left me breathless still. The side scoops didn't look like add-ons. I was amazed to see the side scoops go with the body lines smoothly. What did stick out was the rear wing, it truly looked like a last minute add-on. Sorry!

The best thing about the experience was the owner who nearby watching us. He was an absolute gentleman and kind enough to chat. My first question was how did he get the car delivered so early. He said, he got the dealer's one and only reserved allocation at the time he was ordering a 981 GTS. He received the car just five days ago. It's his first Porsche. And he's following the break-in period.

We exchanged contacts as I'll get him onboard the Jeddah Porsche Club. And when I asked him to get our toys together soon as I'm curious to hear the sound of the GT4, he was kind enough to offer me the keys... of course I said no, and thanked him warmly.

You did give him the link to Planet-9.com right? :) That way we could see him here too!

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More GT4 pictures from a Porsche Club event:

The owner mentioned that he didn't opt for LWBS after test driving a 981 GTS for 30 minutes where he didn't feel comfortable afterwards. My guess it's his DD.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When is he showing up here?? :)
I did email him the forum link with my recommendation. In the first 24 hours I texted and emailed him often. Then I took a step back in fear of becoming annoying.

Not sure if he's a guest here, became a member or not yet. You'd know. Do we have new traffic or members from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia?

·
Registered
50 Posts
My incoming GT4 is Agate Gray but mine will have the wing supports in black. Seeing those pics with the aluminum supports, I'm glad I did. FWIW I think it's a beautiful color in person, and looks even better with the black accents and platinum wheels. My current 981 CS is agate w/ platinum satin wheels. I ordered the GT4 in the same color 1) because I like it, but 2) so most folks (like my parents, LOL) won't even realize I traded up!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Smart move/upgrade :)

My incoming GT4 is Agate Gray but mine will have the wing supports in black. Seeing those pics with the aluminum supports, I'm glad I did. FWIW I think it's a beautiful color in person, and looks even better with the black accents and platinum wheels. My current 981 CS is agate w/ platinum satin wheels. I ordered the GT4 in the same color 1) because I like it, but 2) so most folks (like my parents, LOL) won't even realize I traded up!

·
Registered
408 Posts
2) so most folks (like my parents, LOL) won't even realize I traded up!
And why would you need to hide that from your parents?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts