Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't have anything to say, except I am shopping for my 1st Porsche. The Cayman S will be the one. Hope it is as exciting as the vett.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome! You're right where I was 1 year ago. Started here doing all my research and reading. Shopped, took my time, read some more, figured out the market and what I was going to spend and finally pulled the trigger on a Cayman S last July. Love the car.

Planet-9 is the ultimate resource for Caymans have a look at the faq here: Planet-9 - FAQ this will get you on the way towards making a good decision.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of information on this site. Spend some time with the search button as many commonly asked questions have been answered in detail.

If you need any help during your Cayman search feel free to send me an e-mail or give me a call as I would love to help.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Don't have anything to say, except I am shopping for my 1st Porsche. The Cayman S will be the one. Hope it is as exciting as the vett.
Welcome to the site as well, and as others have suggested, take a look around, plenty of buying resources here and in fact we are working on a buying guide to be published sometime soon I hope! :hilarious:

I may be biased but I think the Cayman is more exciting than a Vette.

·
Registered
173 Posts
As always, test drive the vehicles you are interested in - What may be exciting and important to me may be dissimilar to the next person.

Good luck in your search!

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Both cars are exciting! Just in a different way.American v8 torque versus a well balanced 10/10ths sports car....Goodluck with the search.p.s i own both One A Z06 the other a Cayman s.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Both cars are exciting! Just in a different way.American v8 torque versus a well balanced 10/10ths sports car....Goodluck with the search.p.s i own both One A Z06 the other a Cayman s.
Yep. My friend has a Vette and loves it, but they are very different cars. As you said, both are exciting, but in different ways.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Welcome to the site. The Cayman S was also my first Porsche.

·
Registered
463 Posts
The nicest difference to me if you'll be ordering a new car and not buying one off a lot is that unlike any other manufacturer I know (exclusive of Aston, Lambo, etc. etc.) you can virtually specify every single piece of the interior you want covered in leather, you can have any interior piece of metal or plastic virtually painted to match the exterior or done in wood, aluminum or Carbon Fiber, you can choose from any # of interior or exterior colors (or have the exterior painted to a sample color) besides literally hundreds of performance options/combinations. All that in a sub $100,000 car (granted you'll be pushing or exceeding that if you do it all). But who else does that in the $60,000 to $110,000 price range? Don't waste your time trying to think about it, nobody. All it takes is PATIENCE to wait and $$$$ to pay for what you want. Enjoy the process if you take advantage of it. It may be the last time in your life you'll have the chance to custom build a car exactly as you want it.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Welcome!
+1 on custom order. Most fun I've had in a long time.:)Everything you need to know can be found on this website.:cheers:

·
Registered
224 Posts
1-Drive it like you stole it.
2-Get a "For Sale" sign for your Bowling Green Hot Wheels car.
3-Take sale proceeds and put those funds down on a GT3.

So, it begins again.:beer:

1911, Hmmm...anything to do with a guy named J.M. Browning?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts