Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the question if its a duplicate, I did search around a bit. My question is does the radiator on my 2007 2.7l cayman get air from any of the front intakes? If so which ones? I live in the pacific NW and there is alot of wet material on the roads. I am considering putting some sort of grill in the front (lots of articles) to keep out i wanted garbage. Some of the articles suggest that for the maunal transmissions this is strictly a appearance modification.

Do the front intake on my car feed a radiator? If yes which ones? If no do they feed air to anything? what?

thank you.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hi Noffy,
The front of the Cayman has three openings. On manual-transmission cars, the center one is blanked off. On Tiptronic (automatic) transmission cars the center one is open and feeds a transmission cooler. The two openings on the sides feed air to the water (engine coolant) radiators, which are located a foot or so rearward of the openings. I hope this helps.

·
West Coast Group & PCA Member
269 Posts
Just for clarification, only the Cayman S with Tiptronic has the center radiator. The Cayman 2.7 Tiptronic does not, the center is blanked off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts