Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

How many 2.9 owners?

341 - 360 of 387 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sherman, Congrats on your new ride. You're correct, these are Boxster S 18" wheels. Mine are Cayman S 18" wheels. Mine has essentially same options, less Bose. I have 126000 kms, Meteor Grey, black top & interior; its been very reliable. Had transmission cables replaced @ 96000kms. To do: front brakes, plugs in 2 weeks. Back brakes replaced @ 116,000 kms. Enjoy your Boxster. It's a keeper

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sherman, Congrats on your new ride. You're correct, these are Boxster S 18" wheels. Mine are Cayman S 18" wheels. Mine has essentially same options, less Bose. I have 126000 kms, Meteor Grey, black top & interior; its been very reliable. Had transmission cables replaced @ 96000kms. To do: front brakes, plugs in 2 weeks. Back brakes replaced @ 116,000 kms. Enjoy your Boxster. It's a keeper
Thanks. I'm terribly excited. I didn't buy it as an investment, but I do think the 987.2 will be considered a classic of the late analog automobile era. The only big screen I want in my cars is a windshield....

I've picked up on the shifter cable issue. I'll need to do some miles to figure out if I want to do the short shifter while I'm in there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thank you,it is meteor grey.i never thought I would get pdk for a toy but I love it.i only had the car a few days and now it’s getting the windows tinted.the sport and sport plus mode are amazing .

·
Registered
Cayman 987.2 2.9 PDK
102 Posts
Congratulations @Jkay
I just picked mine up from Penang and drove it back down to Kuala Lumpur too.. Must be Cayman season here in Malaysia 🇲🇾

Mine is a 987.2 PDK 2.9, 2011 UK car, with Cayman S decals and exhaust with PASM, 19" Turbo II wheels, Sports steering wheel with paddle shifters, Sports seats and Dynamic Cornering Lights with Bi-Xenons 😋

·
Registered
40 Posts
That’s beautiful KL Cayman.... I remember seeing this for sale and if I’m not mistaken it’s had lots of work done ie major service etc... which is a great thing

How was the drive back ?

Anyway hope to see you soon at a local meet.... congrats again !

Congratulations @Jkay
I just picked mine up from Penang and drove it back down to Kuala Lumpur too.. Must be Cayman season here in Malaysia 🇲🇾

Mine is a 987.2 PDK 2.9, 2011 UK car, with Cayman S decals and exhaust with PASM, 19" Turbo II wheels, Sports steering wheel with paddle shifters, Sports seats and Dynamic Cornering Lights with Bi-Xenons 😋

View attachment 270412

·
Registered
Cayman 987.2 2.9 PDK
102 Posts
Thanks!!
Will tell you about my new ride when we meet one day.. drive back from Penang? It was raining cats and dogs... My first ever drive in it too!!

See you around 👋🏼

That’s beautiful KL Cayman.... I remember seeing this for sale and if I’m not mistaken it’s had lots of work done ie major service etc... which is a great thing

How was the drive back ?

Anyway hope to see you soon at a local meet.... congrats again !

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks perfect! There’s a Porsche club new members night on the 18th of this month if you’re interested ? Hope to see you there or no doubt elsewhere

·
Registered
Cayman 987.2 2.9 PDK
102 Posts
Yup saw that on FB, but these weeks are tight so perhaps at a later date!

Sure we will bump into each other at some point .. Have a good week!

Looks perfect! There’s a Porsche club new members night on the 18th of this month if you’re interested ? Hope to see you there or no doubt elsewhere

·
Registered
40 Posts
You too man... enjoy that lovely 2.9

There aren’t many around the world let alone KL. if you ever see me in my car feel free to say hi 😊

Yup saw that on FB, but these weeks are tight so perhaps at a later date!

Sure we will bump into each other at some point .. Have a good week!

·
Registered
Cayman 987.2 2.9 PDK
102 Posts
Never realised it was reasonably rare until I signed up for one hahaaa... Guess that's why one only sees a handful on Mudah and Carlist.my!

Wave hi too... 👋🏼

You too man... enjoy that lovely 2.9

There aren’t many around the world let alone KL. if you ever see me in my car feel free to say hi 😊

341 - 360 of 387 Posts