Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if there was anything special about the sport tail pipes. Do they make the exhaust note even better or something. I wonder why they are expensive...even for Porsche, they seem over priced. They are $750 here in Canada.

The other question: Do the white instrument cluster still have GTS on the tach? I'm debating whether or not to go with white or leave all the gages black. I plan on buying rhodium silver with a red top and red interior.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I was just wondering if there was anything special about the sport tail pipes. Do they make the exhaust note even better or something. I wonder why they are expensive...even for Porsche, they seem over priced. They are $750 here in Canada.

The other question: Do the white instrument cluster still have GTS on the tach? I'm debating whether or not to go with white or leave all the gages black. I plan on buying rhodium silver with a red top and red interior.
Nothing special about the tail pipes, and I think it would be a shame to get them on a GTS. They're for people ordering a base or S without sports exhaust who want the nice chrome tips. That's it. For you to replace the fancy black ones on the GTS with these... and pay for the privilege... would just be wasteful.

As for the gauges... I'm pretty sure they'll still say GTS on them, but again I think you should leave them alone. When I got here and started putting together what I wanted to order, white gauges were a must-have because on the S, the tach is silver and plenty of people said it's hard to see in a lot of conditions. I think the black gauges look great and they'll look great in your red interior.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. I probably won't bother with the tail pipes. I'm a bit confused on the gage colors. Is the tach silver while everything else is black? If so, why did they make it like that? Can you just get a black tach? I am either going to place an order this month or next. :banana: I would like to pick it up in May.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I probably won't bother with the tail pipes. I'm a bit confused on the gage colors. Is the tach silver while everything else is black? If so, why did they make it like that? Can you just get a black tach? I am either going to place an order this month or next. :banana: I would like to pick it up in May.
Don't worry about it. That silver tach is only on the S. The GTS has the gauges all black unless you order the interior package. Then it'll either be red or *shudder* back to silver. Why did they do that? Apparently just to annoy everyone that ever bought one. :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info! My build that I'm going for includes PTV, Bose, Sport Techno wheels, leather on the instrument cluster, deletion of GTS on the doors, 6 speed manual, roll bars in exterior Color, crest embossed into head restraints. I'm going to just stick with PASM.

Reactions: speeddeacon

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Great info! My build that I'm going for includes PTV, Bose, Sport Techno wheels, leather on the instrument cluster, deletion of GTS on the doors, 6 speed manual, roll bars in exterior Color, crest embossed into head restraints. I'm going to just stick with PASM.
Did you think about spending a (relatively) little bit more and just getting the GTS interior package? You save on the leather instrument cluster, headrest crests, and you get the tach in silver (if you choose the silver vs red stitching). It also sets your GTS apart as the interior is unique to the model. I think it is very well done, but my comments are only meant as food for thought. It is your car and your vision! Whatever you choose, you cannot go wrong and will be happy.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I love colored gauges - white looks great with the std black Alcantara black interior, as does Yellow and Guards red. I took Steve's advice an ordered the GTS interior package following the logic that it completes the GTS. I choose Silver because I think the lighter deviating stitching makes the interior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: SteveInNJ

·
Registered
562 Posts
IMO the black tailpipes get lost while the chrome sport tailpipes standout and give a symmetry to the rearview. After seeing them in person and considering the exhaust sound is one of the memorable parts of the GTS, I wanted the pipes to show and included them. If you get a chance, check them out in person.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I got white gauges and it does have the GTS on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again for the feedback. :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
I ordered the white gauges with my red interior on my S. It looks great and are easy to see in all light conditions. Here's a pic

As Weasel pointed out, there are a lot of members that say it's hard to read numbers on the gray tach in bright conditions, if that matters to you.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thank you for the picture! I do like the look...it looks good with the red interior. Do you have leather wrapped around gages as well? Is that the instrument surround with leather option? What part of the dash is covered in leather with just the full leather option? Is the part above instrument cluster covered in leather? Sorry for all the questions...I am ordering either this month or next. :) Just have a few more decisions to make with the options.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
About the GTS interior option....I prefer not get Alcantara.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I ordered the white gauges with my red interior on my S. It looks great and are easy to see in all light conditions. Here's a pic

As Weasel pointed out, there are a lot of members that say it's hard to read numbers on the gray tach in bright conditions, if that matters to you.

What are the white dials like at night. Are they still easy to read? Do they end up being very bright?

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
What are the white dials like at night. Are they still easy to read? Do they end up being very bright?
@BJR posted pics here at some point for me when I was looking at ordering the white gauges. He showed how they look when lit at night. Both the cluster, and the SC clock. The cluster looks a bit different from the SC clock at night, but they both look good.

I was more than happy about ordering them when I wanted rid of the silver S tach.

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
@BJR posted pics here at some point for me when I was looking at ordering the white gauges. He showed how they look when lit at night. Both the cluster, and the SC clock. The cluster looks a bit different from the SC clock at night, but they both look good.

I was more than happy about ordering them when I wanted rid of the silver S tach.
Thanks. I love how the guages look when they match. Weird for me when I see Porsches out there with, for example, one red Sports Chrono dial. And the fact that you cannot order "All Instruments Black" like on the 991 Carerra S surprises me. I asked. Not even a Z-opinion. Glad to hear white looks good at night too.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Thanks. I love how the guages look when they match. Weird for me when I see Porsches out there with, for example, one red Sports Chrono dial. And the fact that you cannot order "All Instruments Black" like on the 991 Carerra S surprises me. I asked. Not even a Z-opinion. Glad to hear white looks good at night too.
Yeah... there were rumours swirling around here earlier in the year that this option was available, but I never heard about anyone actually successfully ordering it. And then the rumour went quiet.

For my part, I was happy when the GTS came out with all black gauges as it saved me the money of changing to something else. My first choice is black because I like how all the warning lights disappear unless they're lit. On all the coloured ones they're clearly visible all around the tach. It's not a bad look... I just prefer the look with it all black.

Reactions: Richman

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
For my part, I was happy when the GTS came out with all black gauges as it saved me the money of changing to something else. My first choice is black because I like how all the warning lights disappear unless they're lit. On all the coloured ones they're clearly visible all around the tach. It's not a bad look... I just prefer the look with it all black.
+1. I do like the white gauges themselves but am not a fan of how all the background warning symbols are contrasting black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts