Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
I had 2 way manual Sport Plus Seats in our 987 RS60, and my wife and I really liked them, so we ordered them again in our 981CS. We did have an extended weekend test drive with a 981BS equipped with 14 way standard sport seats and they just weren't for us. My wife thought the Sport Plus were more comfortable. In addition, I find that I can find an comfortable position in the manual seats in just a few seconds. In a car with manual seats, I never can find the right position. I find myself constantly messing around with them trying to find the most comfortable position....which I never seem to find. In addition, I'm 5'7" and to get the clutch all the way to the floor I move the seat up a bit. Then to make exiting the car easier, I pull the handle and slide the seat back pretty far on the track, which takes a few seconds. Doing that in a car with power seats seems to take forever. I have no regrets about getting the manual Sport Plus seats.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had the 14-way (or 18) on a 997 and bought the 2-way on the 981. The only thing I missed was a bit of lumbar and that was an easy fix (there's a thread here on how to do it). I have no use for the memory and the adjustable bolsters weren't worth the $$ to me.
Could anyone point me in the direction of the thread Dan is referencing (I have already looked!) I have 2 way Sports Plus seats on my 981 which are very nice but getting low back pain on 30min+ journeys :(

·
Vendor
6,490 Posts
I think he means that you can insert things behind the middle seat insert. I experimented with that at the beginning, but then the seat got broken in or something and now it fits just fine without any alterations. I do take long jorneys and have a delicate back...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks, I'll have a look in the light tomorrow. I've been hoping I'll adapt but I find using the heated seats as it gets colder makes it worse!! I think because I had the lumbar support full out in my audi and at my chair at work that I it in for hours I've trained my back poorly.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Some people complain about the extra weight of the much better 18-ways, but that's the way to go IMO. I agree the 2/18-way seats are the best by far... if you fit into them, that is;). But the myriad of adjustments of the 18 ways basically assure a correct position. Unless the 2-ways fit you perfectly, it's worth splurging for the others, and you get memory and electric steering column as a bonus. There's no way anybody could feel the extra pounds of those. It's like saying you can feel the weight of your clothes. He he.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts