Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's not a tire brand problem and it's not a 20" wheel problem. It's a high performance sports car problem. Some folks obviously have not owned many sports cars and don't read enough. or don't retain what they do read, if they still don't understand. My 981S Michelin PSS tires do it here in FL at 85F in the wet. So get used to it. It is a trivial problem unless u r clueless and hit the gas with wheels fully turned. Then u might hit something and it's not the car's fault. It's ur fault for being a reluctant learner.
So i had the sound on my GoodYear EagleF1s OEM ,
After i changed to Michelin pilot sport 4s, the sound has stopped !!
So in my case it proved to be tire brand.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Some brands are worse than others, but they can all do it depending on the temps and how much tread wear they have on them. Yours are brand new, but dont be surprised if you were to hear of feel it down the road with some miles on them. As has been stated ad nauseum on this topic, its a mechanical/geometry issue with how sport car suspensions are set up for performance cornering vs a Toyota Camry.

I wish I had a Dollar for every thread that gets started on this subject matter along with all of the "OMG is this ticking sound normal" threads :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for asking this, I was wondering the same thing about my 2013 with 20 inch wheels. I noticed it as I was leaving the dealership parking lot and haven't driven the car since I brought it home a month ago because it has been too cold. I was going to assess it when the weather warmed up but now I know I don't have to worry about it!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts