Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by my local dealer and we were chatting about the Panamera and what sales were like and evidently one of his good customers convinced his wife that she needed a Panamera Turbo with ceramic brakes, carbon fiber interior goodies, Burmester audio etc. and the total price tag is just shy of $200K!!! I guess I shouldn't be surprised at what the options can cost but wow I didn't know someone would ever spec a Panamera up into that kind of price range!

I remember people getting the Turbo Cayennes up over 110K when they first came out and now they are selling in the 30's... that's a depreciation hit...

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Crazy IMO,....$200+K on a Ferrari, Lambo, or such NP. $200K on a 4 door Panamera?? Probably one of the bailed out wall-street execs.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I stopped by my local dealer and we were chatting about the Panamera and what sales were like and evidently one of his good customers convinced his wife that she needed a Panamera Turbo with ceramic brakes, carbon fiber interior goodies, Burmester audio etc. and the total price tag is just shy of $200K!!! I guess I shouldn't be surprised at what the options can cost but wow I didn't know someone would ever spec a Panamera up into that kind of price range!

I remember people getting the Turbo Cayennes up over 110K when they first came out and now they are selling in the 30's... that's a depreciation hit...
Sheesh that's a lot of coin.

Hey, what did the dealer say about the sales to date, by the way?

·
I'm an excellent driver ....
1,628 Posts
That's too bad that car will not be worth more than $100k a year after purchase. All the turbo's I spec'ed came to be around $165K. I would be hard pressed to find another $35K, you really would have to buy every little piece of carbon they offer.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
So my dealer wasnt kidding when he said the turbo could get in the $200k range. I really didnt believe him. I was like, "yeah, right!" :eek:

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I went to a local dealer to see a Panamera. Sorry, but in terms of size and shape this thing is an mutt. Was hoping it was going to look better in person than in photos--it looks worse. Whoever it was at Porsche that insisted the back seats accommodate someone over 6 feet tall ruined the shape of this car. Whoever buys one can expect breathtaking depreciation, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Cayenne Turbos in the 30's? Wow I gotta check those out...

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
997 Posts
The Panamera Turbo I saw yesterday @ Porsche of Arlington looks to be basic in comparison!!

(Can't imagine what you would add to make it $200k, unless they are throwing in a Cayman or Boxster.)

·
Registered
417 Posts
I am not surprised; I saw one at the dealer here last week with a price tag close to $190K. During my visit yesterday to check on my CS order, another one, this time a Panamera S with a tag close to $145K.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Panamera Turbo I saw yesterday @ Porsche of Arlington looks to be basic in comparison!!

(Can't imagine what you would add to make it $200k, unless they are throwing in a Cayman or Boxster.)
The cognac color is my favorite in the Panamera I think, did you like it in person?

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
The Panamera Turbo goes like a Ferrari so I guess it can cost like one.
I thought the same basic thing. Car and Driver clocked a Pan Turbo at 3.3 seconds from 0-60 and 11.7 sec/119mph 1/4 mile. For comparison, they clocked an F430 in 2005 at 3.5 and 11.7/123. Damned close.

Makes me believe that the Turbo motor is likely making more than 500hp given the car's weight. I have no calculation or factual basis for that belief, btw.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I thought the same basic thing. Car and Driver clocked a Pan Turbo at 3.3 seconds from 0-60 and 11.7 sec/119mph 1/4 mile. For comparison, they clocked an F430 in 2005 at 3.5 and 11.7/123. Damned close.

Makes me believe that the Turbo motor is likely making more than 500hp given the car's weight. I have no calculation or factual basis for that belief, btw.
You are probably correct, given that Porsche tends to be conservative in reporting numbers.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I spec'd one on the configurator: $180K. I was not going crazy with leather/carbon--- just all the performance and luxury options.

It for sure give me pause to think of the massive depreciation I would face if I pulled the trigger. Pretty steep "early adopter premium." For now, I am part of the 50% that dropped out-- I got my deposit back a month ago.

I have an M5 going out of warranty and am ready to buy something. I wish there were better choices.

-Chris

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
You are probably correct, given that Porsche tends to be conservative in reporting numbers.
Remember that it can dole out a short term burst of additional power. About 10% more for several seconds at a time, me thinks. That, and the AWD certainly help it get out of the hole - my WRX was always a hoot coming off the line. A buddy of mine just gave his 3/4 diesel pickup a mild chip mod and that pig will do 0-60 in about 6 seconds flat now. And it weighs what, 6000+ lbs?

Those times sure surprised me though when I read them. I'd have to have a pretty good launch with my 1340cc Suzuki to stay in front - at least to the 60 mph mark. (test riders do 0-60 in 2.5s but I ain't no test rider!).

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
I drove the S and was not terribly impressed. Steering was very light even at speed, and the car felt like like a very big car. The standard interior was not in league w/ the price of the car. It needs the Turbo and all the options in order to justify the Porsche pedigree. Folks who can shell out $150K plus for a big sedan aren't making comparisons w/ TTs or Ferraris, they've already got them.;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts