Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two nights ago I took delivery of my 2010 CS and would like to share with you some brief impressions so far:
1) To be honest with you the most difficult option to decide on was the MT vs. PDK and I can say I am not disappointed or have any regrets opting for the MT. While it has been a while since owning a MT car, this one is a joy to shift. It does not feel heavy or light; a good balance I would say. You really do not need to work hard on shifting.
2) PASM and SC: keep in mind I have 18'' wheels. when PASM is on, the ride is a little harsh and you can feel the road while it is extremely smooth in the normal mode. As smooth as any other good car.
3) The most surprising to me is the noise or should I say the lack of it from the engine. I have not pushed very hard yet, but so far you can really enjoy the music, converse, talk on the phone (not recommended with MT) while driving and with minimum amount of noise.
BTW, the car is really cute and while I opted for a silver color for few reasons including not attracting attention because of color, etc., the car still attracts attention from adults and kids alike:)
:thanks:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Glad you're enjoying the car bro but for god's sake stop the teasing... this is the 2nd thread in a row from you with no pictures.

Pics or BAN!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wanderer: I concur about the attention - Fortunately, I am enough of an extrovert that I kind of like it! I am coming from a 335i coupe and while it garnered its share of looks, the Cayman is in another league.

As far as the sound, I have found that it is fairly innocent when driven at low rpm's, but really wakes up when you get on it. But since I only have 500 miles, I have not really tested the engine above 4k - 4.5k rpm's. I would like to explore an aftermarket exhaust but it seems like the options are really just emerging for the 2009 Cayman S PDK.

DrKareem - I need to post some pictures as well!

Dave

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Two nights ago I took delivery of my 2010 CS and would like to share with you some brief impressions so far:
1) To be honest with you the most difficult option to decide on was the MT vs. PDK and I can say I am not disappointed or have any regrets opting for the MT.
I really enjoy the "sport shifter". You might want to try that as an upgrade
that you use all the time. Dealer can do it in an hour or so.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really enjoy the "sport shifter". You might want to try that as an upgrade
that you use all the time. Dealer can do it in an hour or so.
The car is equipped with a factory sport shifter; it was an important option for me. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Congrats wanderer on your new baby! :cheers:

The looks of the Cayman are second to none and it is nice to see that you can bring a smile to others faces and not just your own when driving.

The DFI engines sound rather nice at WOT, so once you're through your break in period you can really let it sing!

You should have your free 1yr Porsche Club UAE membership confirmed within a week or two, if not already, but if not contact Ali & Sons and ask about it. On the 27th November there's a Porsche Club UAE track day at Dubai Autodrome, and whilst I'll guess you might not want to do a track day yet (maybe after break in?), pop down and meet some of us.....if nothing else it will be a fun day out.

And I agree, PASM on sport mode (I run 19" rims) is a bit harsh, the short shifter is great, MT lets you Heel-Toe so its all good and last but not least, you need to get some photos on here! :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts