Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2000 911 Carrera / C4S. Can anyone help with the PCM and Nav software? Should I upgrade the PCM? Is it worth it? Where do I find the Porsche part number for the New England Nav software?
Thanks

More...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2000 Carrera with a CD-ROM based factory nav system. The graphics are quite primitive (by today's standards) and the maps are obviously out-of-date. My local Porsche dealer insists that there are no Porsche-authorized upgrades to old nav systems. I have seen websites offering new discs for DVD-based systems in 2004 and later 911s, with the proviso that the factory-installed software to run them must be updated by a Porsche dealer or else the entire system will stop working. There don't seem to be any aftermarket in-dash nav systems for older 911s, probably because the nav system is part of the audio system (and mine has a factory 6-CD changer under the "bonnet"). So I'm also curious to hear if anyone has found a way to upgrade the factory nav system in an older 911. Of course, I can always stick my TomTom on the windshield, but it seems a bit silly in a car with factory nav (primitive though it may be).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts