Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I have a boxster that lost the rear main seal in the transmission I replaced it and put everything back together put 3 quarts of fluid and all I have got was the tires to try to move but seem locked like cant engage can any one tell me what I did wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Can you move the wheels by hand with the car jacked up and no brakes on ? Can you engage gears or what ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes wheels move when I manually spin them and the shifter goes into gear as it is supposed to. before changing the tranny seal the wheels engaged as I pumped fluid in to see where the leak was. I removed the tranny and put new seal then put it all back together it took 3 quarts of fluid no more been trying been 3 days on it lost to what it may be.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
So the wheels can be moved manually and you can put the shifter in gear with the clutch when the engine is running but when you release the clutch the wheels don't move and the yet the engine doesn't stall out. Do I have that all right ?

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
That’s a big difference manual vs tip tonic
I wouldn't know about automatic not connecting the with driveshaft

·
Registered
166 Posts
If it's a Tiptronic - what sort of fluid did you put in it? Usually Tiptronic fluid comes in liters not quarts. And how did you check the level of the fluid? There is a somewhat elaborate process involved in doing that on a Tiptronic, requiring a tool capable of reading the transmission temperature, and a filler tool that works with the special fill/drain the Tiptronic uses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts