Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. Just as I'm pulling in for a PCA autocross school the boxster decides she doesn't want to play. All at once the check engine light is flashing. Have to feather throttle to keep running. Limp it 50 miles home. Once on the freeway it's ok. Get p0011, p0304, p0305, and p0306. So I swaped out the vario solenoid on passenger side bank 2. Runs good but now I get a p0016. So I swapped the drivers side vario solenoid and still get p0011. Seems strange that at first I get all bank 2 misfires but bank 1 vario actuator code. Change bank 2 actuator and they all go away but then I get a bank 2 vario actuator code? Anybody else run into a problem like this?
Thanks!

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
So. Just as I'm pulling in for a PCA autocross school the boxster decides she doesn't want to play. All at once the check engine light is flashing. Have to feather throttle to keep running. Limp it 50 miles home. Once on the freeway it's ok. Get p0011, p0304, p0305, and p0306. So I swaped out the vario solenoid on passenger side bank 2. Runs good but now I get a p0016. So I swapped the drivers side vario solenoid and still get p0011. Seems strange that at first I get all bank 2 misfires but bank 1 vario actuator code. Change bank 2 actuator and they all go away but then I get a bank 2 vario actuator code? Anybody else run into a problem like this?

Thanks!

I have not seen this specific problem / test solution / continued problem scenario before, but I have seen a common source for misfires has been the coil packs, several members here have reported their misfires going away after replacing their coil packs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts