Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm loking to buy the softtronic deal for my 2005, 2.7 Boxster. They said they do not offer a Plenum for my car. Should I find one after market and If I did how well would it work with the Softtronic software? I have a BCM filter and Fabspeed exhaust. Would the performance and sound be worth the upgrade with the softtronic package with out the Plenum?

Thanks,
Boxster 79

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I really think that for most people software without the plenum is best. Plenum really shines at 7,000 RPM. Great for a track car.

·
Boxster Enthusiast
76 Posts
Hi Boxster 79,

I too have a 2005 2.7 Boxster. The Softronic plenum is only available on the M97 engine as they made changes to the intake system from the M96 engine that our cars have. I asked Scott Slauson about this. He said that they have not been able to create an updated plenum that will work effectively with our engine. Just FYI.

Miles
beach987

·
Registered
75 Posts
I too hav a 2,7 2005 boxster. i have installed a plenum exhaust and softronic flash. I think that it is better to install a softronic flash with your exhaust, because if you install a plenum, the software and plenum together does not add any hp, so it is better to install softronic and exhaust as most of hp gain can be achieved by these two. regards fellow boxter owner.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input ! I think I will go ahead and buy the softronic with just the flash. The money I saved can go towards a set of 19's;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts