Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Boxster S and the center digital display in the instrument cluster is washed out/unreadable. Does anyone know where I can get a digital display? I see them online for the 986 but not for the 987?
Also instructions on how to remove the instrument cluster?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got the same problem with my Cayman S. I've been looking for the part too and found some useful articles

This article looks the most useful until the articles section on here have 'K-Man S's cluster removal back.

For the parts, these look correct. Though they are not US based.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lexnat187
Thank you for the information. I found an instrument cluster on EBay from a place in New Mexico. It was $225. I installed the new (used) one. Works as it should. I would like to repair the original one and reinstall it. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lexnat187
Yes, I am showing a PSM fault on the new gauge. I temporarily reinstalled the old gauge and the PSM fault shows on that one as well. My research indicates that that should go away after I drive the car 10 miles or so. We have snow here in Michigan, so it may be a while before I can road test it.
The mileage on the new (used) gauge is 31K more than the original.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not driven the car. Michigan winters are hit and miss. May have to wait until spring to take it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts