Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Howdy! This is my first post, although I feel like I've been lurking for quite some time. Unfortunately, my introduction comes with woeful news: my baby won't start. The engine sounds as if it's rotating. Refer to the video for a better understanding.

Someone please calm me down. Thanks!

·
Registered
574 Posts
You mention backfire sending oil back out the intakes. Remove your intake plenum and throttle body and clean them. The Air Oil Separator re-routes oil into the intake tract and that may be the cause of that. As to why it won't start? All engines need 3 things to run: compression, spark, and fuel. You may want to pull at least one plug from each bank of cylinders and see if they are fouled. If the plugs look good, then possibly it is bad gas.

You also showed a battery charger. You may want to start with making sure you have a good battery first and foremost, then try the things I stated above.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Also pull the engine codes. The Check Engine take to workshop light is coming on as you're starting it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And thanks! That is helpful. She may be going to the shop in the morning. Bikes I can deal with. I can't get my head around how this engine works ?

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
But too little oil wouldn't stop combustion, or create a bunch of emissions related codes. Overfilled would.

All I know is the shop i used to get my oil changed at, said once I started doing it on my own, be very careful not to overfill, because you can easily do a lot of damage.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So did you get to the bottom of this? Mine did the exact same thing yesterday...had her towed 70 miles to the nearest Porsche shop where they tell me my AOS is bad...again. 2nd swap of this part in 6 months. Now they are trouble shooting to find out why the AOS keeps blowing out, and to see if that is the cause of what you and I apparently are experiencing. I do the oil change myself, and am always careful not to overfill. Just drove it the previous day with no issues, then suddenly, nada. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
583 Posts
That sucks. :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm building it to please me. 911 Killer!

I was going to do it eventually, just not so soon after I bought it

On mobile, so please forgive me.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm building it to please me. 911 Killer!

I was going to do it eventually, just not so soon after I bought it

On mobile, so please forgive me.
You getting a Flat 6 reconstruction???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts